Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Dune Buggy/Sand rail

Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fasian has disabled reputation
Default Dune Buggy/Sand rail

So I purchased a dune buggy as a project. But this is completely new territory for me. It has a 1600 vw enigine with a H30/31 Solex Carb. The wiring is a mess on it so im trying to figure out where everything goes. Ive done a lot of research and have figured quite a bit out so far but still have a ton left. Does anyone have any experience with these or does anyone own one that they wouldnt mine me takin a look at to see how its setup. Im currently trying to figure out the carb. It doesnt look like its put together correctly or somthin, and there is suppose to be wiring to it that im clueless about. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Dune Buggy/Sand rail

Honestly, those are some of the easiest engines to work on. Get a wiring diagram and the carb can be rebuilt for a fair price, if you are really worried about it.