Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dual-to-single exhaust conversion

Old 05-21-2003, 10:48 PM
VIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts
Question dual-to-single exhaust conversion

im just trying to get help and get some opinons/suggestions on what i should do. i have a 4.0 V8 engine and it comes stock with dual pipes X and 4 02senors. im trying to determine what is tha best way to get higher low end power. i want an increase in acceleration from a stop. so my questions are:

the purpose of more low-end power is to increase back pressure?

if so, would it be wise to switch over to one exhaust/muffler? (convert it to one pipe after the exhaust manifolds)

would i get more power if i did convert to a single exhaust system?

and how would i be able to prevent the engine check light from coming on?

any information would be much appreciated. thanks

Last edited by LSPinoy; 05-21-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

heh, put a blower on it. that'll definitely give you more low end and you wont even have to mess w/ the exhaust =P
Old 05-21-2003, 11:21 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

lol nah.....that would be a whole lot more money.... im not corporate yet im still entry level
Old 05-22-2003, 07:38 PM
VIP

ttt ..........cuz i wanna know
Old 05-24-2003, 10:40 PM
VIP

help please
Old 05-25-2003, 04:22 AM
Patron

crx si 2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know anything as far as power goes but if you didnt want your engine lights to come on just get a couple 02 bungs welded in the same side of the exhaust you want and run the wires