Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSMers??? Need help strange issue

Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Word..aight then!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISUZUPERFORMA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DSMers??? Need help strange issue

I have a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS with the 420a engine. Now, the weirdness...for some reason just about all of the time when I first start the car & drive it (like first 5 minutes) the speedo needle dances around like crazy. Ok...usually no biggie, replace the speedo cable, but when the needle is dancing around like that the car, which is a n/a car without turbo...basically starts detonating if you give it too much gas! If I don't get into it most of the time it will not detonate. But if I get into it while the needle is dancing around then the car hesitates or acts like it is hitting a brick wall (detonating). Yes, as if it isn't getting enough fuel in comparison to the air/fuel mixture. This only happens for like the first 5 minutes of driving though. Once the needle starts to act properly & stops dancing around then I drive the car & all is well. WTF!! TPS issue maybe? I know sometimes when in traffic (when car is driving good & not detonating) the trottle appears to get stuck a bit & when I push in the clutch in between changing gears the rpms stay up until I pull the accelerator back towards me a bit with my foot. Oh and (this could also be the culpret) I know my EGR system isn't functioning properly. My check engine light is on & I had a diagnostic done & the code came back for bad EGR valve. Now, will this make the car run weird, but only at first? I totally took my EGR off my turbo car & this doesn't happen. Though it does have a nice Haltech fuel management system. Maybe the EGR is always open on the Eclipse so its getting too much air prior to ECU getting into "open loom" mode? Or is fuel delivered to combustion chamber based off trottle position for this engines? Anyone got any clues? HELP! Hope I wasn't being too long winded....LOL

TC.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin
Default Re: DSMers??? Need help strange issue

Distributor possibly? I've had a few distributor problems, and the throttle gets stuck like when you go to shift gears, meaning you have to press the pedal pretty hard to get it unstuck, or what?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: DSMers??? Need help strange issue

Does the speedo needle move around when you aren't moving?