Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Dsm Trany Help!!!

Old 09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Onecks Dsm !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONYX787 has disabled reputation
Default Dsm Trany Help!!!

Well I have been having a major problem with my DSM and I can’t figure it out I think is the transmision but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it ok here I go .......

I have a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd the only problem is automatic trans....well this last week it started giving me some problems on the road.....for example once the car heats up while driving it the 3rd gear starts slipping and does not go in gear ...it feels like if I threw it on neutral ..... I can’t figure it out 2 people told me is a censor and 2 other people told me is the transmission

Oh yeah I already check the transmission fluid and its perfect .....So throw me some suggestions please.....

OnecKs............
Old 09-19-2005, 04:57 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all
Default Re: Dsm Trany Help!!!

torque converter maybe, my knowledge of autos is limited but it could be that or maybe one of the diffs is crapped out
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

clutches are probably done.... It could be the torque converter, but usually clutches go before that... plus it's only that gear...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Onecks Dsm !!

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
clutches are probably done.... It could be the torque converter, but usually clutches go before that... plus it's only that gear...

yeah only 3rd gear!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Onecks Dsm !!

caN ANYONE HELP!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

end clutch pack is out of it.

dollars to donuts someone ran Mercon III in it instead of Star fluid.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:18 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

ahhh...this would be the thread in reference to you PM'ing me.

best bet is to call a tranny shop local to you and get an estimate from them. its pretty simple to replace the clutches, if that is what the issue is. but there are some tests to do first though