VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   DSM People, I need your Help deciding what to buy!!! (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/dsm-people-i-need-your-help-deciding-what-buy-156469/)

streetlamp 09-17-2006 08:29 PM

Re: DSM People, I need your Help deciding what to buy!!!

Originally Posted by g S x (Post 2483509)
get a buschur block
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...348a2a817054ee
and a head to throw on it.

or get me to build you a motor ;)

Also I would look at slowboy motors, I believe they are slightly more expensive however they do have a nasty 2.1L destroked thing that revs to 10k. But thats like 7k.

hondapwr 09-18-2006 08:11 AM

haha. blowing my budget I see guys. lol

Realistically, I see all sorts of importers that can get me jdm 1G swaps & from what I have read some of them come with biggers turbos then usdm cars that are worthy of a decent bit of power. Anyone have experience with this?

Hybrid AWD 09-18-2006 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by hondapwr (Post 2484174)

Realistically, I see all sorts of importers that can get me jdm 1G swaps & from what I have read some of them come with biggers turbos then usdm cars that are worthy of a decent bit of power. Anyone have experience with this?

Your best bet would be this. Buy a Buschur stage 1 = $1550 plus a core ($500).

Buschur > SBR

streetlamp 09-18-2006 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by hondapwr (Post 2484174)

"JDM" DSM motors are the exact same except for the intake manifold I believe which doesnt really make much of a difference anyway. Sometimes they do have larger injectors and a 16g. Just watch out with what you buy, I would just try and get a cheap 6 bolt from someone local.

hondapwr 09-18-2006 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD (Post 2484176)
Your best bet would be this. Buy a Buschur stage 1 = $1550 plus a core ($500).

Buschur > SBR

is that a shortblock or longblock? Will my busted ass shit work as a core?

hondapwr 09-18-2006 08:29 AM

Their website says a stage 1 shortblock is 2k. That blows my budget immediately.

HighPSI TSi Guy 09-18-2006 11:34 AM

Just get a damn JDM motor from a trusted importer local to you. The stock motor is fine and can hold 500+ whp. easy, cheap solution.

Cpt. Non-Spell 09-18-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy (Post 2484683)
Just get a damn JDM motor from a trusted importer local to you. The stock motor is fine and can hold 500+ whp. easy, cheap solution.

+1

Royalty 09-18-2006 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by hondapwr (Post 2483378)
I've probably had more hondas than you have birthdays, it's nice to try some different shit man. Thanks for your pathetic chime in.

Better listen to boots. I'm gonna say the same thing, sell that shit and call it a loss. Most dsm folks r glad to have them adn glad to get rid of them. If you dont know why youll find out soon enouhg.

hondapwr 09-18-2006 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Royalty (Post 2485064)
Better listen to boots. I'm gonna say the same thing, sell that shit and call it a loss. Most dsm folks r glad to have them adn glad to get rid of them. If you dont know why youll find out soon enouhg.

I've had more then a few hondas. I've also been driving hondas and came across more then a few other cars out there that put a hurtin on my hondas. I've owned 2 modded rsx's, crx's, hatchbacks, preludes...damn near everything but integras. I've had swaps, I've fucked with turbo kits. The money it takes to build a honda block to hold 400 whp reliably is enough to where you could put a stock gst into the high 12's. Then, turbo kits & s/c setups have skyrocketted so fuckin much because of all the little punkass kids jumping on the honda bandwagon wanting them. B-series motors are getting harder to find, K-series is still 6k plus for a good swap. Still, hondas are great, but the money it takes to really make one fast and run great & be reliable blows my mind. I get sick of driving shitty small hatchbacks that look like ass to begin with just so I can beat the power-to-weight ratio. And, what is even worse, is that for every descent looking hatch I see, I see 20 others that look like shit. I am sick of the ricer boy profile that comes with hondas. I like hondas & they are what I know. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Besides that, I just paid 3k for something. I am not going to just call it a loss. I'm gonna put a motor in it and make it blow the doors off your half painted honda.