Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Dsm Help

Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Onecks Dsm !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONYX787 has disabled reputation
Default Dsm Help

My friend needs help with his dsm just wanted to see what you guys think and hopefuly some one can help him out !

first off i have a 2g 98 gst and about 2 months ago i threw a rod out the block it took out my starter.
so 2 months go by and i saved up enough money to get a new motor put in and the guy at the shop was like we cant get it started so they checked timing, timing was good and then they changed the crank angle sensor and the cam angle sensor still sounds like its firing wrong like its firing but not at the right time...so then they thought it was my coil on plug setup so they swaped that with the stock coil and still nothing...then they tried changing the power transitor pack and still nothing.....they did tell me that numbers 2&3 on the coil sparked 4 times for every 1 spark on 1&4 im not sure if that is suppose to happen never looked at that before....so now i think they are going to see if its the ecu......if you can help please i would really apprieciate it thanks
Old 07-01-2006, 12:48 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dsm Help

what year did the motor come out of.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Onecks Dsm !!

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
what year did the motor come out of.

I dont know but ill let you know thanks !
Old 07-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Onecks Dsm !!

this is what my friend said !!

okay so the guy said the engine is from a 97 car but he lied to me at first and told me it was from a 98 and he was like theres no difference and i was like the 98 99 year has the revised thrust bearing....and then he was like "oh well the engine is a 97 then"so i dont know if i could trust this guy really Talesin refered me to him and everytime i go to ask him whats going on with my car he is like i dont know i dotn get how you can be at this shop everyday with your car working on it and not know whats going on with mine....its not like its a huge shop it only has 2 stalls....they owner says he works on my car everyday for at least 6 hours for a week straight and they has his friend who is a mitsubishi tech and another friend who is an electrical expert not figure it out.......he also tells me that he had another 98 eclipse in front of him and they swapped the ecu's and mine worked in the other car but the other cars ecu didnt wirk in mine....so im really lost at what to do because i dont know if he really did all that shit or just let my car sit there while he thinks about it...so im gonna take my 95 ecu down there and see if that works...its hard for me to get there too to see if he really is doing all this shit....its 200 miles south of me well if your friend can figure anything out for me that would be great
Old 07-06-2006, 07:08 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

98 and 97 have the same cam signal. Did they really swap BOTH the cam angle sensor and crank angle sensor? Did they try a different coil pack?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Onecks Dsm !!

I dont know i will ask him today and ill post sometime this weekend thanks though