Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Drivers side motor mount help

Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91lscivic has disabled reputation
Default Drivers side motor mount help

First time swap. Im putting a b18a1 into a 91 civic using a set of Place Racing motor mounts. The drivers side mount wont match up with the stock mount b/c the Place mounts holes are offset but it will fit on the d-series mount. Do I need to get an aftermarket d to b-series mount for it to work? Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi
Default Re: Drivers side motor mount help

Im pretty sure they closed shop or changed the name, but most companies use the DA(90-93 integra) front block mount, which is what should be on there, but who knows. I ordered a brand new one from acura when i did my swap('87 not a ef) but the mount should be a 2 bolt style(no studs), if you are looking at the timing cover the bolt hole on the right is threaded and the left isnt. I just looked at mine and the only thing I can tell is under the left bolt hole(non threaded one) there is a 1 cast in it. I have another mount here that came off my motor originally(b16a) it has a 3. But if theres a way for you too compare those to another mount kit for a ef try that. Hope this helps
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

91lscivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: Drivers side motor mount help

thanks for the info. Found a 90-93 integra in the junkyard and got the motor mount that matched up with my swap mounts.