Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Drivers door won't open...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaVTAAK has disabled reputation
Default Drivers door won't open...

Hi I'm new here. A buddy of mine told me this would be the place I can get my questions answered. So here goes it:

I got a Honda and the drivers door won't open from either side. Had a few people look at it and had no idea what the problem is. One guy even cut a hole in the door panel but did not fix the problem. If I roll the window up, I can just get my hand in the hole a pull the rods in there. Two rods, one for the door open and one to lock/unlock. I can pull the lock/unlock and watch it lock the door, but then I pull the door open rod, nothing happens, but it moves freely. I figured I might have to take the whole door card off, but I have no idea how without first opening the door.

Climbing through the window makes me look like the biggest race driver wannabe ever. Plus it's really inconvenient. Any thoughts?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Default Re: Drivers door won't open...

A Honda huh? What model/year would be helpful if you want any sort of educated response. Nevermind, thats not gunna happen, either way.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

It is obviously something in the handle/catch linkage. It shouldn't be an issue to fix. . .and instead of cutting a damned hole. just take the whole interior panel off.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

hondaVTAAK has disabled reputation

It's a Prelude, I think it's a 1994. Don't know much about it, don't care too much about it. Basic transportation.

And I have no idea how to take off the panel without the door being open. Isn't there some bolts/screws on the bottom that I can't get too? I'd really like this door to open, it's been like this for a couple months now.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
It is obviously something in the handle/catch linkage. It shouldn't be an issue to fix. . .and instead of cutting a damned hole. just take the whole interior panel off.
I was thinking the same thing, but if the door doesn't open like he just said....not gonna happen haha
Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

You cut a hole in the panel?! Holy balls! Dedication!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

just start kicking the bitch from the inside, its basic transportation right?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Install net a la NASCAR.

Enter/exit car through window.

How is this not the perfect plan?