Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

downpipe for this turbo?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 PM
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default downpipe for this turbo? PLEASE HELP

can some tell me what turbo this is and what downpipe or o2 housing I need? it says td03 but i cant find any other turbo like it.
i cant find any 6 bolt downpipe flange or o2 housing for this thing. can anyone make one?
downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo1.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo-2.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo3.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo4.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo-5.jpg

downpipe for this turbo?-new-turbo-6.jpg

Last edited by I Love (.)(.); 07-02-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: bigger pics
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: downpipe for this turbo?

So this is warping my brain. The flange has obviously been altered or something; notice the double "ear" on the left side of the first picture. It looks like it is a standard T3 flange, but someone has altered it to partially match up to a T25/T28 flange. So it looks like a backyard hybrid of a T3 and T25 flange.

Given the lack of obvious brand markings of any type (in the pictures at least), it's probably a Chinese fake and may or may not actually be worth using. You could probably turn that back into a T3 flange, or just make a new flange for it for the downpipe

Interesting puzzle, but may not be worth messing with.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

it has only 1 marking on it, and its stamped td03
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yeah, I think it's most likely cheap garbage then. A TD03 is a Mitsubishi turbo, but there aren't any brand markings on it, so it's not made by anyone who wants to be identified. There isn't even a name plate or name casting on it, which is really suspicious. That, along with the strange flange, tells me you should probably get a different/better/name-brand/common turbo.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

get a new turbine casing with a downpipe for it