Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dont think this is good.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:32 PM
been around awhile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default dont think this is good.

somethings wrong with fuel, I think. sometimes when im driving down the road my car starts to jolt, like if I hit the gas it slows down, but if I can hit boost then it will smooth out, it doesnt do this everytime I take off, and sometimes it doesnt do it for days, but tonight it was horrible. I would go to take off and the car would slow down, then I would hit the gas some and it would sorta surge forward, the wierd thing is though if you just drive down the road barely on the gas, the car will just jump, it will never drive smooth, if you hit the gas it does nothing unless you mash the accelerator, its very odd.

if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:36 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Fuel Filter.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:38 PM
been around awhile.

hrmmmm...thank you very much Ricardo, I will check that tomm
Old 05-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered member

nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack

i used to have a car that did that exact same thing...
Old 05-24-2003, 08:56 PM
elite member

freq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nutsack
i used to have a car that did that exact same thing...
lol its the same car
Old 05-24-2003, 09:15 PM

lancerEVOVII is an unknown quantity at this point

could be dirty fule injectors dads car does that becuase of the fuel injectors
Old 05-25-2003, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

if it smooths out when you get into boost then its whats called "throttle enrichment" sounds like its too rich. if she stumbles with you stab the gas then its too rich

i know you have a turbo with FMU but is there an afc in the car??????

i think i can help out just need more info.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:26 AM
JDM tuner

businessspice is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, sound like it's running too rich if it's doing what you're saying ... never know, also check your O2 sensors and wiring. If it's an older car and your wiring has either touched something hot and the sheething of the wires have burnt off it coulde be sending faulty signals back to the ECU. I had a problem like this before when I had to bypass an O2 sensor completely when installing my high-flow downpipe. If you have ever messed with your O2 wiring there has to be about a foot of lead wire out of the O2 sensor or else the resistence will be messed up, again sending faulty readings to the ECU therefore making it run too rich. For a month my car ran so rich when I hit the gas the car wouldn't even go 5 mph, but once it got above 3,000 rpms it ran fine. Sounds like the same problem you have. You just need to find out why you're running too rich. What mods have you done?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:32 AM
been around awhile.

Derrick, there is no afc in the car. the only fuel management the car has is the fmu, and the in tank fuel pump, and yes the car smooths out in boost, but sometimes, its like It has to build boost up before it will go, then it launches out...Its very odd. if you can let me know how to fix it I would appreciate it, thanks.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered member

nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack

Originally posted by zappas
Derrick, there is no afc in the car. the only fuel management the car has is the fmu, and the in tank fuel pump, and yes the car smooths out in boost, but sometimes, its like It has to build boost up before it will go, then it launches out...Its very odd. if you can let me know how to fix it I would appreciate it, thanks.
i recommend getting an inline fuel pump if you are going to use an FMU or get hondata if you just want to use the intank pump. that should fix your problem.

Quick Reply: dont think this is good.