Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

does anyone know stuff about tachometers??

Old 12-29-2002, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does anyone know stuff about tachometers??

im having a small problem hookin up my tach. everything works except that the rpm's aren't accurate. its shows that im hittin my rev limit at 3500 rpm's and i know thats not true. i have a 92 civic cx with a 98 integra ls motor and the tach is an autogauge tach with a shift light. if anyone knows anything that could help me out i would greatly appreciate. thanks
Old 12-29-2002, 07:58 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

yeah- did you clip the proper wires? did you have the right 'chips' in the tach? didn't know if you have to set the redline on the tach via chips.
the geek
Old 12-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tachs

Some electronic tachs will have settings for the type of motor being run, you may want to check your code.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:29 PM

HMMM is an unknown quantity at this point

how do you change out the chips and where do you get the proper "chips" or how do i change it to run on my motor??