Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

displacement

Old 12-25-2002, 08:55 AM
holla at ya homies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20psi B18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default displacement

what determines it.???

if you get a b series motor right....say a b18c1 or c5 same shit
and get some darton sleeves and bore it out to like 84 mm, what would be your displacement.

also if you get a b16 and put a 1.8L crank what would be your displacement, If you can even do it.

someone school me
Old 12-25-2002, 11:48 AM
Dont sleep

LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS

boring to 84 mm would result in a 2.0-2.1 litre displacement depending on ur finished bore. and swapping in a ls crank to a bi6 would stroke the motor(i.e more dispacement thru rod and piston movement as compared to just slappin in some overbore pistons.)
Old 12-25-2002, 01:50 PM
holla at ya homies

so could i put in a b20 crank and stroke my motor to 2.0L
Old 12-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

tech. it's 1.9L. depending on the amount bored out. crs
Old 12-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by s13_crs
tech. it's 1.9L. depending on the amount bored out. crs
It's to late for me to dig up the formula, but it's not as simple as just throwin in a crank. An example I know is this... you can take a V8 350 and put a 400 crank in it. It won't be a 400 then because the bores are different. You will get more stoke though, hence the nickname "383 Stroker" since it's final displacement is 383 cu. in. with an untouched bore.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:54 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Here are some numbers for you...

B18C1/C5 + 84mm bore = 1933.16 cc's

B16A + 84mm bore = 1707.06 cc's

Now as for a stroker, I would do as follows

B18C1/C5 block + Ls crank and LS length rods + crank girdle and 84mm bore = 1973.07
Old 12-26-2002, 02:58 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by 20psi B18c1
if you get a b series motor right....say a b18c1 or c5 same shit
and get some darton sleeves and bore it out to like 84 mm, what would be your displacement.

I am not being exact, but it will be 19xx cc's. Close to a true 2.0 liter, but not quite. Also not needed in you situation, in my opinion.

so could i put in a b20 crank and stroke my motor to 2.0L

Tony, no you can't just put in a b20/b18 crank in your b18c1/b18c5 block and make it 2.0 liters. The main difference between the Ls and CRV motors, which use a crank with identical stroke, is the piston bore diameter. All stock B series motors use an 81mm bore except the b20b/z which uses an 84mm bore to achieve the larger displacement.

also if you get a b16 and put a 1.8L crank what would be your displacement, If you can even do it.

Your displacement would be that of which ever crank you used(b18c/b18a) considering you have the appropriate custom rod to compensate the length added to the stroke and the length lost due to the shorter deck height. And yes it is possible, but why ruin an almost perfect internally geometrical engine by adding more stress to the cylinder walls in the sake of adding more displacement?
Old 12-26-2002, 04:39 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

displacement is the sum of the volume of all the cylinders. you can increase this by either stroking the motor (increating the height) or boring the motor (increasing the radius).

the formula for cylinder volume is v=pi(r^2)(h)
therefore displacement=pi(r^2)(h)(c) where
r=bore
h=stroke
c=number of cylinders
Old 12-27-2002, 03:25 AM
holla at ya homies

dam good info guys, think thats the first time i got some useful info from the tech forum...lol.

Yeah i was just thinking about it scott thats all...not serious but i was just wondering how you could up displacements...

now another question honda gurus. which cranks are interchangable with the blocks without getting custom shit. i see that all b series are not interchangable without getting custom rods and whatever else you need.

im just trying to soak up some knowledge.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:30 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Without custom stuff like rods and different hieght pistons, then your options are pretty slim.

The only one I can think of is a LS or CRV crank in a b18c1/5 block.

Quick Reply: displacement