Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

disaster in my ls swapped eg

Old 03-29-2008, 08:35 AM
HAMBONE JONES...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z31kid is on a distinguished road
Default disaster in my ls swapped eg

alright guys im in a tight spot..the other day i was driving my ls eg hatch to the store and the bolts that hold the driver side motor mount bracket slid out my block and cause the motor to drop just a little bit which also caused my driver side axle to break..fixin the axle is the easy task..now how would i go about fixing those three broken bolts...anybody have any ideas...the only one i could think of tapping and rethreading the hole and put some new bolts in there and call it a day...if this has happened to u plz let me know how u fixed the problem thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

parsons_04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: disaster in my ls swapped eg

that is what i would do. i mean put brand new bolts in there. but you said that the bolt slid out. do you mean the long one that slides threw the mount on the engine then bolts to the frame? if that is what came out then put some thread lock on it so it dont slide out anymore.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
To old for this shit

P5errington has disabled reputation

Same thing happened to me. If they came out or broke out the block, you may have to get the block helicoiled . You need to lift the motor because the angle is a bitch. But figure out why they cam out and if there stripped for starters.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
HAMBONE JONES...

z31kid is on a distinguished road

well see this problem happened to me before...same motor b/c the drivers side mount rubber was all fucked up if i knew it was installed i wouldnt of paid them anymoney at all...it gave out on me when i pulled out my buddies driveway and the bolts snapped off...i was as educated as i am now about machinig b/c this is my new careerfield in the usaf...but im guessing when i wat was when we extracted the old bolts out that the threads might of got messed up or the fact that i put the same size bolts in..either way i need to fix it and yeah fixin this is gone be a bitch cuz of that angle..regardless im have to fix it...shouldnt take me long to do so

Last edited by z31kid; 03-29-2008 at 01:20 PM.