Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Digital battery terminals

Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Digital battery terminals

I was considering purchasing some but a lot of them were discontinued even the monster terminals, is there anything wrong with using digital terminals over stocks?
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Digital battery terminals

Post a link, I don't think I'm the only one who has no clue what you're talking about.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Say for example i got these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...VCRZGM60Y9FCBY, i was wondering if there would be any issues. I noticed MOST cars dont use digital terminals.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Just wondering, but what interested you in purchasing these?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That's because they're unnecessary. Those terminals have a voltmeter built in, and extra connections for things like audio amps. They don't actually do anything different than standard battery terminals, they just tell you the voltage. To answer your question, there isn't anything wrong with them, no. You can buy a battery terminal without a voltmeter for pretty cheap though.

It's the same as saying "I noticed most people don't have a pocket knife that tells time". Most people don't have any need for their pocket knife to tell time, therefore most people don't have one.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by p-stone
Just wondering, but what interested you in purchasing these?
The fact that they had the outputs for the 4 and 8 gauge wires, as fabric said though i should find some without the meter only with the outputs. I will search now.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Racetracks

Pretty much everyone that makes audio terminals makes a battery terminal with multiple outputs like that. Most are crap and highly overpriced for the quality, but that's just the norm for the car audio industry.

Try Stinger, they make just about everything in some form or another.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 PM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
It's the same as saying "I noticed most people don't have a pocket knife that tells time". Most people don't have any need for their pocket knife to tell time, therefore most people don't have one.
I lost pretty hard.
i would + rep you if i could.