Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

del sol turn signal not working

Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy
Default del sol turn signal not working

i bought a del sol a few months ago and the turn signal would go in and out...water builds up in the turn signal lamp and the guy said that when it warmed up and it got out it worked well it has gone in and out and is more often out now then ever on...i need to get it inspected and i have to fix this first...it just ticks a bunch when i try to use it...the bulb and fixture are good cuz i tried both on the other side...anybody have a clue what could be wrong
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: del sol turn signal not working

Check for water damage?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy delslizzy

how do i check for that...ive taken the fixtures and switched them and they both work just not on my driver side
Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Grammar. It doesn't always go together with cracker.

Clean the contacts in the socket with Scotchbrite pad or a wire brush. Honda's of these years used a galvanized metal for the socket and when it sees constant moisture become corroded.

Then fix the leak. New gaskets if they are torn or clean the surfaces if there is dirt there.

When you type and you do this...you could have just started a new sentence and your post would have been easier to read.

When you say "fixture" what do you mean?

Originally Posted by delslizzy
i bought a del sol a few months ago and the turn signal would go in and out...water builds up in the turn signal lamp and the guy said that when it warmed up and it got out it worked well it has gone in and out and is more often out now then ever on...i need to get it inspected and i have to fix this first...it just ticks a bunch when i try to use it...the bulb and fixture are good cuz i tried both on the other side...anybody have a clue what could be wrong
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

sorry i will not use dots anymore. WHen i say fixture i mean the device that the harness plugs into that is gray and the lightbulb also goes in the other end. I switched them out with each other and all worked just not for my driver side.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Mr. Fixit

da93teg has disabled reputation

check the contact points for rust and or water condensation. Clean them up and change the bulbs you should be good check front and rear bulbs if the first option doesnt work GL
Old 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by delslizzy
Ho. Lee. Shit.

Really. . .
Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

I know sorry for the grammar before. Trying to keep it proper now
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

ALR85 has disabled reputation

sounds like electrical contacts maybe. I would check that out