Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Del Sol front end swap help

Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad2127 is on a distinguished road
Default Del Sol front end swap help

So car accident = front end swap sooner than I planned.
What kind of process am I looking at to switch out the front end on a del sol to a 00 si or something like that?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:44 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Del Sol front end swap help

99-00
front fenders,headlights,hood,bumper
think thats it,
Old 08-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

it seems like there would be a little more involved with it, I know those are all the parts i need but im sure they dont all just bolt on like i'd like them to
Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I think you have to combine the two fenders (rear half of sol + front half of ek). Then you have to weld the EK rad support. The rest will bolt up.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BentValve
I think you have to combine the two fenders (rear half of sol + front half of ek). Then you have to weld the EK rad support. The rest will bolt up.
i dont think so my friend has a ek front on his. just bolts right up like a regular fender and hood and all.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by corbin5930
i dont think so my friend has a ek front on his. just bolts right up like a regular fender and hood and all.
LOL. It's not a bolt on affair.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by BentValve
LOL. It's not a bolt on affair.
Hahaha IMO.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry. Not really.

Just did some researching and everyone who has done it said the same thing I did. Some places may even sell a front end conversion kit that comes with already combined fenders.

EK hood is longer too by like 6"
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Anybody got a pic of this swap done? Sounds interesting to say the least.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

thanks for the help guys. yeah im too poor for the kit. Going to the good old salvage yard for my parts, don't care if theyre different colors...nothing a spray can cant fix for now .
But your right, you have to half and half the fenders, fit the hood, swap the radiator supports and whatever else.
I'm taking my time on it cuz if seen a few that look like hell, the hood, grill, and fenders have gaps between them...just looks lazy.
Found a few pics, these two looked the best in my opinion:
Attached Thumbnails Del Sol front end swap help-conversion.jpg   Del Sol front end swap help-3152719_11.jpg  

Quick Reply: Del Sol front end swap help