Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D16Z6 Swap Help?

Old 01-27-2005, 02:00 PM
MKIV Votex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meandub has disabled reputation
Default D16Z6 Swap Help?

I searched many times for anything already covering this thread, but no luck, so im starting one.

Ok, i have a 93 Dx hatch with a stock Candadian motor. I have a D16Z6 Vtec with everything, complete swap. I need to know exactly how to wire up the new computer to the motor. Tips, tricks, anything to help me out would be much appreciated. This is the first swap i am doing on my own, so im kinda new at this, so please be accurate.

Thanks all.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:05 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: D16Z6 Swap Help?

if you have the complete swap, you shouldnt have to do anything, if you have the ENTIRE VTEC harness its all just plugging in, if you dont have it then youll have to wire up vtec, if the ecu is obd1 you dont need a knock sensor, but if its obd2, then you will need one and need to wire that as well if you dont have the complete harness, you need to look up the ecu pinout and find where the vtec solenoid and oil pressure switch pins are at and wire them up, knock sensor as well if needed, i found the ecu pinout on honda-tech, its 2 wires from the ecu, and then you need to ground them as well.....
Old 01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
MKIV Votex

i have the whole harness coming from the motor. But from the motor to the ecu through the firewall i dont have. Do you know exactly what color the wires i need to lengthen from the motor to the ecu? And there detinations on the ecu? I guess what im looking for is a step by step sorta write up with pictures, heh.
Thanks though.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if you have the complete swap, you shouldnt have to do anything, if you have the ENTIRE VTEC harness its all just plugging in, if you dont have it then youll have to wire up vtec, if the ecu is obd1 you dont need a knock sensor, but if its obd2, then you will need one and need to wire that as well if you dont have the complete harness, you need to look up the ecu pinout and find where the vtec solenoid and oil pressure switch pins are at and wire them up, knock sensor as well if needed, i found the ecu pinout on honda-tech, its 2 wires from the ecu, and then you need to ground them as well.....
he will have to wire up VTEC. the DX dash harness does not have the one wire from the pass. side plug to the ECU. that will be the only wiring he will have to do. the engine harness will have all the VTEC wires already ran, however.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:58 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by civicnations
i have the whole harness coming from the motor. But from the motor to the ecu through the firewall i dont have. Do you know exactly what color the wires i need to lengthen from the motor to the ecu? And there detinations on the ecu? I guess what im looking for is a step by step sorta write up with pictures, heh.
Thanks though.

go to honda tech they should have the pinout or find someone that can do it, i dont know your location but i can do it if you are somewhat near me......
Old 01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
MKIV Votex

im in the nova area...

he will have to wire up VTEC. the DX dash harness does not have the one wire from the pass. side plug to the ECU. that will be the only wiring he will have to do. the engine harness will have all the VTEC wires already ran, however.

...So its just one wire, what about the other 2?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally Posted by civicnations
im in the nova area...

im way far from that,someone up there can do it if you cant figure it out, but if you can put a motor in a car you shoud be able to figure out the simple wiring....