Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D16z6 lagging issue

Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marthewicked has disabled reputation
Default D16z6 lagging issue

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have an issue on my 90 hatch it is lacking power and losing a lot of power. Put it this way, slower than a d15b2 hehe. It is d16z6 vtec. I have codes 4 and 7. Throttle position and crank sensor. Anyone give me idea which to start. Oh and it doesnt rev higher 3k or 3.5k give it or take it. I looked everywhere on forum and didn't find thread with my situation.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: D16z6 lagging issue

I'd say start with the crank sensor and throttle position sensor.

I'm not sure what answer you're looking for, because it shows those codes and sounds like it's responding the way it normally does with those codes. If you don't have a wiring problem, it sounds like you need a new distributor and TPS.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Cool i thought of replaccing the dizzy (crank sensor) but wasn't sure. I will get to it replacing both. On the throttle position sensor, do i have to replace the whole throttle body? I replaced the small sensor already but grinding it off and putting two small screws through so it is tight but seems that is not working or this tps is bad as well.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I would assume if you've replaced the TPS and still have the same problem then the problem is elsewhere. Check that there is 5VDC at the TPS, check continuity between the TPS ground and the sensor ground of the ECU, check continuity between the TPS signal wire and the ECU.

While you're at it, do those same check on the distributor just to rule out any problems before you spend money to buy a new one.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I would assume if you've replaced the TPS and still have the same problem then the problem is elsewhere. Check that there is 5VDC at the TPS, check continuity between the TPS ground and the sensor ground of the ECU, check continuity between the TPS signal wire and the ECU.

While you're at it, do those same check on the distributor just to rule out any problems before you spend money to buy a new one.
True that cause that dizzy cost some change
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

yo fabrik8....i did everything...io even put a new dizzy... where do you get a throttle position sensor? It probably going to be the second tps i am putting....Or any idea exactly how to test it..... the cel lights are still the same.....