Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d16z6 help on 90 hatch

Old 04-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marthewicked has disabled reputation
Default d16z6 help on 90 hatch

Ok ladies and gentleman im in serious trouble.
I have 90 civic hatch with 92 si d16z6 motor from valve cover to oil pan (92 si was running perfectly)
The only thing i took from this motor is the tranny everything else hooked on how it was running
Ok i have ecu jumper obd0 to obd1 and i used my dx/std engine harness.
The harness was converted to mpfi from a guy i bought the jumper harness and it is fcked up
I have moved c1 and c2 plugs to b10 and b12 and i don't need a resistor box, bare with me
Then i have four wires from the injectors i dont really know exactly wherethey hook up on injectors but they are injector wires coming from the engine bay and to the ecu. Two are wired to a1 and two are wired to a5. Now car starts and runs with injector two and four. One and three are dead. I have spark, timing is perfect and my issue is the injector wires.

Now, i need your help!!! I looked at forums and write up etc etc. I want to make sure what im about to do is correct before i fry my car.
Take one of the injector wires straight to ecu and the other put them all together and solder them corrrect? Since i am not using the res. box and those are stock injectors for the 92 si obd1 injectors.
I have the car in falls church if anyone can help solve this problem i might even pay, cuz i can't drive my other car, inspection issue.

Thank you in advance or even looking at this sorry thread.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: $$$ d16z6 help on 90 hatch $$$

Haha this is sad, so i basically have to get like 35 view before i can get a reply. I am not complaining or anything but i was looking at other posts and thats exactly how it is. So maybe i will have a reply sometime next weekend lmao. Thanks guys for looking hehe
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

http://fourthgenhatch.net/mpfi.html

Why do you have 2 sets of wires coming from A1 and A5?

1. Trace these wires from the ECU to the each injector connector and verify they are going to the right spot. According to the diagram above, and you posted One and three are dead. it should be the other way around.

A1 Injector #1

A3 Injector #2

A5 Injector #3

A7 Injector #4

2. If the car was running before you did the swap it may be those injectors from the new motor are dead. Low probabilty but you can check by swapping injector positions. IOW, swap 1 with 2 and 3 with 4.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Marthewicked
Ok ladies and gentleman im in serious trouble.
I have 90 civic hatch with 92 si d16z6 motor from valve cover to oil pan (92 si was running perfectly)
The only thing i took from this motor is the tranny everything else hooked on how it was running
Ok i have ecu jumper obd0 to obd1 and i used my dx/std engine harness.
The harness was converted to mpfi from a guy i bought the jumper harness and it is fcked up
I have moved c1 and c2 plugs to b10 and b12 and i don't need a resistor box, bare with me
Then i have four wires from the injectors i dont really know exactly wherethey hook up on injectors but they are injector wires coming from the engine bay and to the ecu. Two are wired to a1 and two are wired to a5. Now car starts and runs with injector two and four. One and three are dead. I have spark, timing is perfect and my issue is the injector wires.

Now, i need your help!!! I looked at forums and write up etc etc. I want to make sure what im about to do is correct before i fry my car.
Take one of the injector wires straight to ecu and the other put them all together and solder them corrrect? Since i am not using the res. box and those are stock injectors for the 92 si obd1 injectors.
I have the car in falls church if anyone can help solve this problem i might even pay, cuz i can't drive my other car, inspection issue.

Thank you in advance or even looking at this sorry thread.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I don't think anyone is replying because they have no idea what you're trying to communicate..

So what ECU are you using, and what harness are you using? It sounds like you're using the 1990 engine harness and the ECU from the Z6?

There will one wire on each injectors that will be the same color as the other injectors. Those wires go to ignition switched power with high impedance injectors. With low impedance injectors, those wires would go to the resistor box, so basically the resistor box goes between ignition switched power and the injectors. I know you don't need a resistor box, but it's important to actually have an understanding of how this stuff works instead of just following instructions that say "hook this wire to this wire", etc.

The other wire on each injector will go to the ECU. The ECU completes the circuit to ground to fire each injector.

So to come full circle, each injector has one wire that goes to ignition switched power, and one wire that goes to the ECU. How you get there is up to you. I've never messed with Hondas that weren't originally MPFI, so I don't really know what you're starting with for wiring. Fuel injectors are about the simplest things to wire up on the entire engine though, so I'm sure you'll find an easy way.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-17-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Im gonna try that right now and let you know
Injector swapping
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Ecu and injectors and motor are from 92 si d16z6 and i used my dx/std harness. So if i have one wire going to the ecu then the other wire needs 12v? From switch? I thought that i had to put all of them together but yeah that makes sense for the switch.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Marthewicked
Ecu and injectors and motor are from 92 si d16z6 and i used my dx/std harness. So if i have one wire going to the ecu then the other wire needs 12v? From switch? I thought that i had to put all of them together but yeah that makes sense for the switch.
You do have to put them all together, they all get connected to the same thing. Wherever the resistor box got power from is where the injectors need to be connected to.

Before it would have been power --> resistor box --> injectors, now it should be power --> injectors.

There were obviously injectors on the car before, so wherever those injectors got power from before is the same place you want to get power from now, removing the resistor box if you need to.

Does that make sense..?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

You're selectively reading.

Step Number 1. Trace the injector wires

A1 goes to Injector #1

A3 goes to Injector #2

A5 goes to Injector #3

A7 goes to Injector #4

Verify all 4 are correct

Do not proceed to step number 2 until you have verified step number 1

BTW, can you PM me who you bought the conversion harness from?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Ok i checked and switched injectors and still the same. 2 and 4 are working. Those injectors were on 1 and 3. Then i checked the harness and i have power and no pulse on injector 1 and no power and no pulse on injector 3. What i think happened is that he connected vise versa or something. I had the dpfi meaning two injectors, one auxillary and one main injector. So on my ecu there should only be 2 injector wires and somehow they are expanded to four? I disconnected the a1 and a5 and car still runs without those wires. So the only thing im thinking is that a3 and a7 like laserjoc said are connected to my main harness. I used my original harness so im getting power like that to the two injectors then?

Bottom line, if i take one wire from injectors to the ecu a1, a3, a5, a7 then the other wire left from the injectors put them all together and take to a15 which is the power for it, saw it in a diagram, but want to double check on that then i should be good then correct?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Racetracks

Yes, you need one wire from each injector to the ECU, and one wire from each injector to power. I'm still confused about what isn't clear...?

Quick Reply: d16z6 help on 90 hatch