Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D16y8 mechanical timing issue please help

Old 01-28-2014, 04:55 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: D16y8 mechanical timing issue please help

Originally Posted by OHYAHSHAW
thanks for nothing jackass I didn't need helpless input. it would be appreciated if you don't reply with a useless feedback.
And we would appreciate if you didn't post useless horse shit. Faggot.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

I got #1 cylinder on tdc. the arrow on the crankcase lined up with the crank gear. the cam gear is lined up the two marks on the gear look to be flush with the head and the up mark is facing up. I can get it to spit and sputter also turning the distributor at the same time as cranking. I think my biggest issue is the slack in the belt when trying to get the tensioner tight. any help would be very appreciated.
In all, if you did this yourself make sure you didn't mis-locate the cam gear, also you probably need a new timing belt tensioner. It sounds like you don't have the intelligence to replace mandatory parts that come with rebuilding/tuning up an engine.

Also put the distributor in the right damn place and quit turning it, you doing nothing but fucking yourself by turning it. That's called guessing and guessing doesn't work.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

d16tof22 has disabled reputation

First, get a new tensioner; a timing belt skipping teeth is trouble.

If it's still sputtering and you're sure that it's lined up properly then you have another issue - probably ignition. If you aren't sure if it's lined up properly, advance the cam gear a tooth and try it; if that doesn't work then retard the cam a tooth and try again. Also, center your distirbuter to start with; moving it back and forth won't make it sputter. Once you get the mechanical timing right, then get a timing light and mess with the ignition timing. It's a pretty simple engine. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Registered member

OHYAHSHAW has disabled reputation

thank you d16tof22 these folks on here are to quick to judge a person that is having some trouble with there car. that's all I needed to hear.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Registered member

OHYAHSHAW has disabled reputation

hey man I guess I cant help talking about useless thing. I guess I got if from your mother. when im fucking her she does not shut up she just goes on and on about nothing.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

hey man I guess I cant help talking about useless thing. I guess I got if from your mother. when im fucking her she does not shut up she just goes on and on about nothing.
STFU. There is no need for this classless banter. It does nothing but make you look like a stupid, poor, and typical Honda troll. How many times has someone put a timing belt on a D16? This is one of those things that someone can tell you how to do it but until you see how it's it done and do it yourself. Haynes. Alldata. ShopKey. Chilton. One of those will guide you.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

STFU. There is no need for this classless banter. It does nothing but make you look like a stupid, poor, and typical Honda troll. How many times has someone put a timing belt on a D16? This is one of those things that someone can tell you how to do it but until you see how it's it done and do it yourself. Haynes. Alldata. ShopKey. Chilton. One of those will guide you.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

I don't drive a shitty civic, you do.

/thread
Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Dillweed
Well, he is stupid and poor so there's that. OP, post tit pics of your sister/mom/GF/wife/cousin/in laws or get the fuck out.
Also, next time you think about starting a thread, don't.