Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d16y7 in 99 si chassis wiring question

Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt
Default d16y7 in 99 si chassis wiring question

So Im putting a d16y7 in my wifes 99 si (please dont bash its a long story)

I purchased a 99 dx harness from a guy on ebay came in good condition but im not sure where these plugs right here are for, I tried looking them in my service manual but it only shows connector types and wire color.

also i cannot remember what this one goes to as well ^

and as far as the 2 o2 sensor wiring goes, the si chassis 2nd o2 sensor is wired into the cabin harness, so how would i wire that correctly because I am going to use the original obd2a ecu (cannot remember the code for it have to look it up) with a conversion harness.

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis
Default Re: d16y7 in 99 si chassis wiring question

I did the opposite of what you did but to each his own.

The 2 o2 sensors go in different places than in an b series, If you get a stock exhaust for the d16 then youll have the upstream o2 right near the head, above the converter, I see the hole in picture one, and there should be a plug for it on the d series harness. And the downstream o2 wiring that comes out by the shifter in a b series you shouldnt have to worry about because the dx harness puts it in the right place for that motor. so you shouldn't have to worry about that part of it.

The brown connector I dont have a clue. It's in my 99 hatch and theres nothing that goes to it either. Not sure what its for but I wouldn't mind knowing. Ive got a 99 SI harness where a 99 DX harness one was though.

And the 3 plugs you have in the top picture, will they reach the intake and throttle body area? The look like the ones that go in that area on a d series, like TPS, evap solenoid, IACV. Maybe? or was the harness from an automatic maybe? What color are the wires, that would be helpful.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt crxmatt

Yeah I have the iacv tps and map sensor plugged it and I have an extra plug on the back for the iat sensor I'm pretty sure the eBay dick sent me a automatic harness do you think I can still use it even tho it has the extra plugs ? I'm gonna post up the wires colors in a bit
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You should be able to look them up by wire color. There is no reason that you can't use that harness, an engine with an automatic transmission has all of the same connections as an engine with an manual transmission, and the only difference is the transmission itself. So you may be left with a few connections that don't connect to anything, but there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

I agree no problem there at all...

the three connectors I have are

1 grey connector with green(white stripe) and blue (yellow stripe)
1 black connector with solid red and solid white 1 black connector with white (green dot) and solid red)
1 black connector with white (grey dot) and solid red

I looked on ffs tech but couldnt find anything with these wire colors