Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D16 Turbo Downpipe

Old 11-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default D16 Turbo Downpipe

So, I cracked mine in half... I'm goin to guess It was an ebay model... Can someone direct me towards a GOOD downpipe 2.5" preferably (3" is ok but I want MOAR LOW, hence wanting 2.5") for a 4 bolt flange that exits on the (if you're sitting in the driver seat) right side of the turbo?

Yes I googled... I found one decent result and it looked like ebay garb.... Pretty much the only thing that pops up is forum results...

Example pic:

Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: D16 Turbo Downpipe

Check with edelbrock pretty sure they have one ok nevermind i checked it is a 3 bolt flange sorry

Last edited by whpazz; 11-14-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Hit up Go-autoworks.com I <3 they're stuff. Not cheap nothing good quality is.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Thanks for the advice guys...

If anyone else has any suggestions, post em up as I'm new to the performance side of things and CAN'T FIND SHIT! lullz

Edit: So apparently either, I'm retarded or the guy who installed the kit is retarded... I thought I had just a 4 bolt flange, which I do, but its not like the others I've seen... The actual turbo looks like it'd have a 5 bolt flange but its missing two bolt holes... Pic for reference

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 11-14-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Also, it'll help to know what manifold your running, as new downpipes usually are different.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK
Also, it'll help to know what manifold your running, as new downpipes usually are different.
OLD bay shot...

Old 11-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Slammedxpert

To be honest, you may want to get a new manifold too. That one is going to crack. I'm only Recommending that you do so, not telling you what to do.

From my previous experiences, Go-autoworks is badass and they usually have manifold/downpipe combos. I'm going to purchase from them again when I build another civic whether it be SOHC or DOHC.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Zerofucksgiven

To be honest, you may want to get a new manifold too. That one is going to crack. I'm only Recommending that you do so, not telling you what to do.

From my previous experiences, Go-autoworks is badass and they usually have manifold/downpipe combos. I'm going to purchase from them again when I build another civic whether it be SOHC or DOHC.
The manifold has been reinforced and has been around the block and on a few different cars...

Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Slammedxpert

Well, awesome.

I'm still recommending the new manifold/downpipe combo. I've had those manifolds break time and time again. Eventually the wastegate elbow will probably end up breaking off. In the mean time, until you are ready to drop the cash on a better setup I would just get another ebay downpipe to be honest its already premade for that manifold.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Well, awesome.

I'm still recommending the new manifold/downpipe combo. I've had those manifolds break time and time again. Eventually the wastegate elbow will probably end up breaking off. In the mean time, until you are ready to drop the cash on a better setup I would just get another ebay downpipe to be honest its already premade for that manifold.
Thats the problem... I can't find a downpipe that matches the turbo flange... (see above pic)

Edit: Mind you, I didn't put this setup together... I bought the car turbo'd... I've been fixing shit... I have yet to actually do somethin to the car I want to do...

Quick Reply: D16 Turbo Downpipe