Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D series vtec Solenoid

Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Brown Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend
Default D series vtec Solenoid

Ok, I seem to have a small problem with an oil leak which is normal for a typical Honda. I previously diagnosed that the oil leak that I had was coming from the vtec solenoid or somewhere in that vicinity. Well, I ordered the gasket for the solenoid and replaced it last night and after a start up test, the solenoid continued to leak. But since I removed and cleaned the area from all the dirt, dirty oil and all, I can see where the oil is coming from now. It’s definitely coming from the Spool Valve that mounts to the Solenoid base. I went to Honda this morning and found out that this gasket/o-ring is not serviceable..!? Has anyone run into this situation and if you did, what steps did you take to solve your oil leak? Thanks for reading.