Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d series tranny swap

Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zackae415 has disabled reputation
Lightbulb d series tranny swap

thinking about swapping my tranny. rite now i have an auto but want to swap out for a man.
people have said its just easier to get a new car but i like my car and im thinkning about doing it.

just was wondering what is needed part wise to complete the swap?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

bad2127 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: d series tranny swap

Your best bet is to go with a EX/Si S20 5-speed tranny. The labor is going to be a big pain in the ass. Im not completely sure if you'll need anything crazy parts wise for the swap. But I know that's a good trans to throw in if you're planning an auto to manual swap. Good luck with it.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Derp Status

MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow
Arrow Re: d series tranny swap

i did this to my four door and wasnt that hard to do if you have tech experience. i pulled everything out of an ex from a junk yard.

you'll need the following
-trans (duh!)
-clutch (new or a used one, better off getting a new when out)
-flywheel with the bolts as well
-the complete clutch master cylinder with lines.
-the speed sensor (not the same as auto)
-the starter and bolts(not the same as auto)
-the clutch pedal assembly
-the brake pedal only (you can ghetto it and just cut your old pedal and just get the rubber cover if you want)
-shiftboot
-both mounts for the tranmission (one may look the same but they are not the same)

that is all you need really nothing to it. you'll have to cut some cable guide out from the center console. you will still use the same center console cover it has the holes for the shift boot. when having the center console off you will need to cut some wires so you can have the ignition work correctly if not the key wont come out. the axles will be the same and for the radiator the same just block the old plugs for the oil cooler lines. for picture go here this helped a lot. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1337459