Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d series shift linkage???

Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmchef jdmchef
Default d series shift linkage???

okay heres the low down. i had the tranny replaced in my car which was a mint ex tranny for my jdm d15b. well there is the same grind in third and fourth as the old damaged tranny had. well i was told by a really good mechanic that if it grinds from second to third its a syncro. and if it grinds from third to fourth its the linkage. well ive tried a couple sets of linkage and its still has the same problem. it also has a loose feeling wen moving the shifter towards first gear. well i bought energy shift bushings and it only came with the stabilizer bushings. well my question would be were can i buy a set of new d series shift linkage without getting rapped buy a new oem honda part and is there any other bushings that might need replacing? or just any other help please because i dont want to damage my new transmission due to this. thanks guys
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: d series shift linkage???

Originally Posted by jdmchef
okay heres the low down. i had the tranny replaced in my car which was a mint ex tranny for my jdm d15b. well there is the same grind in third and fourth as the old damaged tranny had. well i was told by a really good mechanic that if it grinds from second to third its a syncro. and if it grinds from third to fourth its the linkage. well ive tried a couple sets of linkage and its still has the same problem. it also has a loose feeling wen moving the shifter towards first gear. well i bought energy shift bushings and it only came with the stabilizer bushings. well my question would be were can i buy a set of new d series shift linkage without getting rapped buy a new oem honda part and is there any other bushings that might need replacing? or just any other help please because i dont want to damage my new transmission due to this. thanks guys
Tried NAPA? I have good luck w/ them...
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

thanks will have to try. but as stated are there any other bushings besides the kits you can order off line? or is it just the stabalizer bushings because it still has the dick wiggle shifter going on.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

up
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm guessing that you have a synchro problem. If you have a linkage alignment problem it will usually give problems over most of the gear range, so maybe it's not the linkage.

It's also possible that if your engine mounts are damaged or really worn out, the engine is shifted enough that you aren't getting proper alignment.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

well ive been thinking about the mounts because they are a little on the soft side.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Soft is fine, it's just whether the engine is actually located where it should be. OEM mount inserts tend to creep after a while so the bushings locating the engine aren't where they should be. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if the mounts are like jelly or are hard as a rock as long as they do their job by locating the engine in the right place.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

fabrik u always give some good info but my question is i have some new polyurethane inserts im putting in my mounts and how do i go about finding out the right way to line it all up if it is the problem. it may be a dumb queston but im a little stumped.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Racetracks

If the mounts are stiff enough they'll align the bushings in the mounts where they need to go.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

okay well all of the mounts seem good. i was told that i am missing a motor mount that bolts up to the tranny to the frame. im sure that could cause a problem

Quick Reply: d series shift linkage???