Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

cx wheel bearing

Old 01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
S-T-F-U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brycerb Brycerb
Default cx wheel bearing

the front wheel bearings in my cx need to be replaced. I have an extra set of control arms, but one of the bearings is bad in them also, so I would like to put in 2 new ones. I looked in my book and it doesn't even mention it. Anyone know how this is done, my guess is that they are pressed in. Any info would be great.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: cx wheel bearing

yes, they are indeed pressed in. you need a press because you cannot just hammer them in w/out possibly damaging the hub. you will need to remove the knuckle from the vehicle to replace it, remove the caliper/rotor/caliper bracket, knock out the hub that holds the wheel studs, then remove the snap ring that holds the bearing in place and then you will be able to press out the bearing and press the new one in.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: cx wheel bearing

although, it can be done with a hammer. i have done several with no issues. but its much easier with a press.