Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CX hatch issue

Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fathonda can only hope to improve
CX hatch issue

picking up a CX eg hatch and ...just wow the 70 hp is sad. i'm going to be using it as a daily but want a little more power for cheap. the highway is not friendly to the turd under the hood from what i understand , awesome gas mileage , a little better than my old ek with a y8. the cx is without vtec , however would a dohc zc swap be a more friendly swap than trying to go vtec? i don't wanna turbo it , just drop it and cruise. gonna use 2.25 to a stock looking muffler , that will be the only mod . any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: CX hatch issue

I don't know your budget but a b16 swap in a CX hatchback is alot of fun. I ran high 14s in the 1/4 with mine only having a b16 swap and a apexi world sport exhaust. (o and Si wheels with decent tires)

IMO, the CX trans sucks. So change that too.
A z6 swap would be perfect but you can never find one not modded or ragged to shit.

JDM D15b swaps are easier to come by. Pretty cheap.

Dual Cam ZC motors are fun but I'm pretty sure they only came OBD0 so I wouldn't even bother with that head ache.

Integra LS swaps from a 94+ Integras are alot of fun. Take regualr gasoline and actually have torque.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

whats your location, i know of a few people that have a few single cam set ups for sale, z6,y8, d15b with a vtec head, ETC, couple different transmission set ups.......

or just pick up an LS integra swap......
Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

Fathonda can only hope to improve

i have done some research and have found that they did have a OBD1 zc dohc motor. even found one on tiger japanese for 580.00 for a longblock [ zc ]. I'm not really looking to run at the track etc , just want a clean daily that actually has some passing power lol. i have been looking into to the ls swap as well. like the zc i wouldnt have to deal with wireing for vtec and it should be a drop in as well.

oh i'm located in virginia beach.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

My95Civic has disabled reputation

on a budget, jdm d15b with tranny. cheap and everyware.