Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

custom parts

Old 04-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Atheist.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker
Default custom parts

Anybody know of any places anywhere (machinists, etc.) that makes custom fabrications to customers requests (not just motor parts)?

I want center caps for my wheels, but the ones RAYS make do not look good w/ my Gram Lights. I was wondering if anybody could MAKE some for me; maybe if I provided them with one made for my wheels, they could use it as a template.

Doesn't matter how long it takes, or what they charge. Just need some kind of reference. Haven't had any luck finding such a place online.

I will need other things made in the future as well; shift handle, other one-off items.

If anybody has any places in mind, please post. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Eric,
Just an idea, but before you one-off a bunch of parts, see how much interest there'd be with other Z32TT owners. You could get a GB of them and then sell them for a little bit of profit. There was a place up in the Hampton area I believe that did custom work. I was going to have them do a run of block-off plates for my 92 T2, but then I decided not to. If I can dig up the info, I'll pass it on.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Yeah, good idea. I've met alot of Z owners just in this area who would support some cool ideas/custom fabs/group buys. But some of my ideas are just for ME.

As far as the center caps, I think I have the only Z w/ Gram Lights 57PROs; and I don't know anybody else with those wheels; so no support on that one.

If you can find the name/number of that place or any other, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Try CAD Design in Hampton, talk to Brian... They could prob copy a set for you on some of their badass equipment.. i'm not sure what type of setup and stuff would be required so it may not be feasible to only do a set of them..
Old 04-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Fabrik8
Try CAD Design in Hampton, talk to Brian... They could prob copy a set for you on some of their badass equipment.. i'm not sure what type of setup and stuff would be required so it may not be feasible to only do a set of them..
That's who I was talking to, but I couldn't find anything about them. They wanted $300 just to make a CAD program of the plates so they could do a run of them. The plates themselves were only like $20 a set for 10 sets.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Atheist.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.