Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Custom Coilover Springs?

Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 PM
low&slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo
Default Custom Coilover Springs?

Hey just wondering if anybody on drag knew of some places/website that sold custom coilover springs?

im trying to lower the rear of my car by replacing it with a stiffer but smaller spring?

how she looks now:

(yes i know its mad dooky and ill post in the dooky thread before i log off)

oh and the yellow shit on the hood is paint not a decal i can just rip off. so ill be getting that painted since i just painted the rear hatch after taking off a spoiler by previous owner.

but right now im talking to Jiorjo(jdmonkeytuning) and trying to get springs from D2 but just want other opinions.

ive already tried Swift but no response to call or email.

and hyperco wasnt much of a help.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: Custom Coilover Springs?

kingmotorsports.com sells Swift springs. Just buy the appropriate size. Eibach also sells just the springs.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So how do stiffer springs lower your car? I'm totally confused... Have you thought about what a stiffer spring is going to do for the damping of your coilovers, which were most likely valved for the spring rate they came with (unless you have something like Megan or D2...)..?

Are you trying to find a shorter spring?

FYI, Hyperco doesn't really care about your street car... That's not their market.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-18-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Old 04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So how do stiffer springs lower your car? I'm totally confused... Have you thought about what a stiffer spring is going to do for the damping of your coilovers, which were most likely valved for the spring rate they came with (unless you have something like Megan or D2...)..?

Are you trying to find a shorter spring?

FYI, Hyperco doesn't really care about your street car... That's not their market.
He said a smaller spring. I doubt he cares about ride quality and only cares about dumping the fuck out of the car and making it look stupid.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So smaller has to mean shorter. So he wants to find a shorter spring. Normally smaller would mean smaller diameter, which wouldn't have any effect on the spring length obviously.

I guess these coilovers are not height adjustable?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-18-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

slotoyo purchased these D2 coilovers from me. He would like to have shorter springs for the rear to lower the ride height, this is due to the coilover maxing out and also wants them to be stiffer while he's at it.

The d2 coilovers are fully adjustable and has separate pre-load and ride height adjustments. i do not know the dampening force numbers on the top of my head so i cant tell you what would match a certain spring rate.

slotoyo, didnt you get a dyno sheet from the coilovers?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
slotoyo purchased these D2 coilovers from me. He would like to have shorter springs for the rear to lower the ride height, this is due to the coilover maxing out and also wants them to be stiffer while he's at it.

The d2 coilovers are fully adjustable and has separate pre-load and ride height adjustments. i do not know the [strike]dampening[/strike] damping force numbers on the top of my head so i cant tell you what would match a certain spring rate.
Sigh. Come one man, you sell coilovers. You should know better.

Coilovers don't make anything moist.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:42 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Sigh. Come one man, you sell coilovers. You should know better.

Coilovers don't make anything moist.
atleast thats what you think haha
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 AM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Originally Posted by jdm monkey
slotoyo, didnt you get a dyno sheet from the coilovers?
the onyl other things that were part of the box were a parts catalog and some extra hardware.

So smaller has to mean shorter. So he wants to find a shorter spring. Normally smaller would mean smaller diameter, which wouldn't have any effect on the spring length obviously.

I guess these coilovers are not height adjustable?
yeah i should change it to shorter springs. the only i want shorter springs is that the rears are maxxed out but still leave a massive wheel gap.

Quick Reply: Custom Coilover Springs?