Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CURSED CAR...keeps blowing motors!?

Old 04-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Currently N/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CURSED CAR...keeps blowing motors!?

I just bought a 91 civic auto dx (d15b2) to serve as a daily driver. The motor was blown when I got the car, so I swapped in another one from the junk yard. The motor blew within hours of driving. I figured it was just a bad motor to begin with. So today, I just finished swapping in the third b2, which I just took out of my CRX and it ran flawlessly. It blew in about 30 minutes of driving. This is crazy, can anyone suggest a possible problem?

Here's what I know so far. It was overheating massivly but the guage wasn't showing it. The oil light blinks on and off continuously, even though there is plenty of oil in it and the motor seems to be getting oil pressure. I also checked the water pressure and tried to figure out why the motors keep overheating and the heater hoses and radiator are getting plenty of pressure. What the hell could cause this problem? Am I missing something obvious or is this just a freak incident?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:25 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: CURSED CAR...keeps blowing motors!?

crush that bitch!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

are you sure your wiring harness is good? check the underdash wiring harness as well and look for problems there...sounds like it may be an electrical problem...
Old 04-24-2004, 04:48 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
are you sure your wiring harness is good? check the underdash wiring harness as well and look for problems there...sounds like it may be an electrical problem...
Old 04-24-2004, 07:24 AM
MMMMMMMUGEN!

JdM-BRiD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EvolutionBoostin
I just bought a 91 civic auto dx (d15b2) to serve as a daily driver. The motor was blown when I got the car, so I swapped in another one from the junk yard. The motor blew within hours of driving. I figured it was just a bad motor to begin with. So today, I just finished swapping in the third b2, which I just took out of my CRX and it ran flawlessly. It blew in about 30 minutes of driving. This is crazy, can anyone suggest a possible problem?

Here's what I know so far. It was overheating massivly but the guage wasn't showing it. The oil light blinks on and off continuously, even though there is plenty of oil in it and the motor seems to be getting oil pressure. I also checked the water pressure and tried to figure out why the motors keep overheating and the heater hoses and radiator are getting plenty of pressure. What the hell could cause this problem? Am I missing something obvious or is this just a freak incident?
sounds like my car, expect my car blows built b16as up
Old 04-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
Old 04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not doubting that it's electrical, but how can electrics possibly cause the car to overheat and loose oil pressure? the oil pump is connected to the crank... i'm very confused...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

You sender unit could have a faulty connection and making it LOOK like you're losing pressure. Go to Autozone (or another similar store) and buy a generic oil pressure gauge. Wire it up, put in inside and use that to test you're true oil pressure. FYI, don't use the same signal as your stock gauge.

The overheating issue could be from your fans, the radiator or a plethora of other nickel and dime things. Are your fans coming on? Is your thermostat stuck closed? Is the radiator clogged up/old/high mileage? Is your mixture right?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by Blasphemous
You sender unit could have a faulty connection and making it LOOK like you're losing pressure. Go to Autozone (or another similar store) and buy a generic oil pressure gauge. Wire it up, put in inside and use that to test you're true oil pressure. FYI, don't use the same signal as your stock gauge.

The overheating issue could be from your fans, the radiator or a plethora of other nickel and dime things. Are your fans coming on? Is your thermostat stuck closed? Is the radiator clogged up/old/high mileage? Is your mixture right?
or simply the radiator cap
Old 05-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

The overheating issue could be one of a whole list of things.

Quick Reply: CURSED CAR...keeps blowing motors!?