Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

"Cupped" tires???

Old 11-12-2002, 06:24 PM
E for Engourged.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4BangerCivic has disabled reputation
Default "Cupped" tires???

I got my rims a few weeks ago and they're wrapped in Pirelli P7000's. I assumed they would be a bit louder than my 15's with N itto's but the noise is SUBSTANTIALY gone up. My dad is paranoid so he took it to that tire shop by Super-K...they say my tires are "cupped"...little ice-cream-scoup cups are taken out of the rubber...causing excess noise...ive never heard of this...

How the hell woud ice-cream cup shaped indents be formed in my tires???

He says the back are worse than the front and the back/left is te worst of all

Any input???
Old 11-12-2002, 07:34 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

over inflation there good buddy
Old 11-13-2002, 04:36 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Cupped? WTF? Never heard of that!!!

Do you have a camber kit? Remember that those wheels are a size up from your stocks. If you don't get a camber kit, your tires will wear faster. But I have never heard of this "cupped" thing before!

By the way, I always had my tires a few psi under what was stated on the tires. Hopefully you checked the air pressure when you put them on your car, and keep up w/ that. I am sure the pressure in the tires changed over time as they sat in my garage and temperatures changed dramatically.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:40 AM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

if it is cupped in, put more air in them.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:35 PM
E for Engourged.

nono....you all are thinking the width of the tire is cupped out or in...there are DIPS in the tread of the tire maybe 2-3" wide..its no biggy...Skywalker was ur car out of alingment? I mean its no biggy to me. The back/right one was the loudest...ill take a pic of the dip maybeya'll can see what i mean...ill try to post it tomorrow...anyway, i ordered 1 new Pirelli P7000...
Old 11-13-2002, 01:44 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by Skywalker

By the way, I always had my tires a few psi under what was stated on the tires.
Dont go by what the tire says, go by what the car manufacturer says: sticker in door jam or owners manual.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:12 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by Mr.2
Dont go by what the tire says, go by what the car manufacturer says: sticker in door jam or owners manual.
No NO No NO No! That would be for the tires that came on the car! His wheels and tires are a different size.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

find a medium between the tire rating and the door rating. the door rating is vased on what the load bearing properties should be. the tire rating is what they're designed to operate at.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:33 AM
E for Engourged.

LOL...all t hes posts about tire inflation...my problem has NOHITNG to do with tire inflation (well maybe a little)...ima go try to take a pic of this "cupped" tire
Old 11-14-2002, 11:43 AM
E for Engourged.

OK..here is the best picture i coud take that represents the cup-ness...notice the tire is not round ...looks like a many-sided-figure...what looks like flat is actually indented to form a vague "cup"

Quick Reply: "Cupped" tires???