Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

crx: at my witts end...

Old 08-23-2003, 02:27 PM
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Unhappy crx: at my witts end...

okay rexers: here is your tech question for the day.

I have some problems with wheel hop and camber. Bad. Everytime I engage the clutch and take off I'm in a roller coaster for my life. I have the Tein SS kit and I have soem other spoon suspension stuff. Has anybody else encountered a problem like this? K4ff1n3 is going to let me borrow his cross member, so maybe that will help, but I don't really want to do that shit right now. If anybody has had any problems with the Tein springs, or anything like that, please post away.

Oh, and with the camber problem, everytime I turn my tires squeal like one of those police shows. Is that too much camber? I can take it down a bit, I have room to play. I have it all the way to the max, at 3 degrees.

Thomas
Old 08-23-2003, 03:34 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Get rid of your camber...what do you have that much camber dialed in for? Set your camber close to zero and check your alignment. What kind of tires are you running also? There's no reason you should be sqeeling like that if you're not pushing it hard. As far as wheel hop....are you sure you didn't mess up your struts? If you lose your dampening you'll get wheel hop really bad. Are you stock motor or are you makin some power? If you're making good power out of a CRX the front wheels will actually move forward and backward under and off power. If thats the case I'll show you what I'm doing to fix mine....it's interesting.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:56 PM
I have a 20 valve...

got rid of the camber, its at about 0....well, I think its at zero. The hop is down to something negligable, but I'm still getting some squeaking out of it. I've checked my struts, they are on really tight, and I can't tighten my crossmember any more. lowered it a little, about half an inch, and that helped. The engine is still stock, and there aren't really any power makers (except exhaust). Any more ideas?
Old 08-24-2003, 08:38 PM
HHIC

Well is it squeeling from the tires as in the first post or is it squeaking coming from the suspension? If it's squeaking you're probably just gonna have to live with it. A lot of aftermarket springs squeak.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:33 AM
I have a 20 valve...

no, its the tires that are squealing. We lowered the car a little more, and it doesn't squeal as much, but I had to put k4ff1n3's rims on my car, so now I'm rolling with his 16's. it also skips when I brake too.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

have you checked your tow? and other alignment specs? maybe something else is off. Btw, how fast are you taking corners when this squeeling is heard?
Old 08-25-2003, 08:05 AM
HHIC

sounds to me like you have no dampening up front....you sure you didn't mess up your struts somehow?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:07 AM
I have a 20 valve...

not very fast in the corners, maybe like 10-20 miles, for a gradual corner. but they squeal like just changing lanes. its crazy. and as far as the dampening system...believe me, if the teins are fucked up, I will go all the way to japan and kick their asses...all of them...
Old 08-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

yeah take it to get it aligned...i bent something at nopi and it threw my toe off like 3 degrees. My car squeeled changing lanes and when i would turn into places at like 10 it would sound like i was foing 50!!! people would like grab their kids and shit it was kinda funny.....sears off of mercury did mine without a problem. everywhere else said no because of the lower stance of the car.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:15 PM
HASSELHOFF!

yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad yllalnad

this probably isnt the problem but check ur mounts especially your rear and front ones because i had bad wheel hop in my DX CRX....it was crazy..sure enough my bolts had broken or gotten loose on my rear mount bracket and ripped my mount to shreds...