Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Crx b16, pain in the ass

Old 06-02-2004, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dorifto83 dorifto83
Default Crx b16, pain in the ass

Ok, I have a b16 crx hf, ctr cams, mugen chipped ecu, intake, header, straight pipe and exhaust. The car used to idle as low as 800 and as high as 2000 rpms, usually between 1500 and 2000 rpms though. Lately, for the last three days it has been reving at 3000-3500 rpms all the time. I have checked everything I could think of, and I have no clue. I reset the computer thinking that had something to do with it, but coudn't find anything. No check engine lights either, and the car still pulls hard like it used to, but just doesn't want to rev normally. Any tips or advice on what to check? I have already checked the throttle cable, to see if it was sticking, but it wasn't, I haven't messed with the idle adjust valve because I don't think that will help much. Thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

B20vtecGen2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crx b16, pain in the ass

My integra used to do that and it was the cold start idle control, (right below the IAC) to figure out if thats it take your intake off and there are two ports on the throttle body that bypass the throttle plate one is the IAC and one is that cold start thing. let the car warm up and if the bottom port is still pulling air that is the problem instead of replacing mine i jus put a fat ass ball of electrical tape in the port and it has idled fine and run good ever since
Old 06-02-2004, 03:12 PM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

does the car have a FIT valve on the throttle body? If so, check that to see if its working.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:04 AM

dorifto83 dorifto83

Originally Posted by B20vtecGen2
My integra used to do that and it was the cold start idle control, (right below the IAC) to figure out if thats it take your intake off and there are two ports on the throttle body that bypass the throttle plate one is the IAC and one is that cold start thing. let the car warm up and if the bottom port is still pulling air that is the problem instead of replacing mine i jus put a fat ass ball of electrical tape in the port and it has idled fine and run good ever since
I owe you a beer man, I plugged up the bottom port and the car is reving at 750 rpm, can't even hear it running. Now just have to straighten out a few more problems and I'll be all set. Thanks though