Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Crazy electrical confusion

Old 09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Crazy electrical confusion

Ok, i have an eg hatch, si. and my right blinker has been out for a while now, i finally decided to change it. i went and bought a blinker. put them in, both new bulbs, and WAM!!. when i turn on one blinker they both come on like hazards, and hazards... still work like hazards, unless i have the headlights on and then they dont do anything. and the console wont light up, like the guages, unless the lil blinker light is blinking, then the gauges kinda light up, but if my blinkers arent being used, i get nothing. also the dimmer switch doesnt seem to help, because the guages dont come on at all. AND when i put the parking lamps on(blinkers when not, uhh, blinking) they dont come on at all(unless blinking like hazards), and when the headlights are all the way on, they dont come on either. and the break lights wont stay on when the headlights are on, but work when i hit the breaks.
There, im done.
i tried to find like a messed up ground or crossed wires, but im not the best at that. has anyone had this problem, or know a good electrical shop that can do work on it... and not rob my wallet??? any constructive imput, is welcome, and thanks ahead of time
Old 09-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Crazy electrical confusion

I will take a look a it for you , when i get some free time. When did it start doing this ?? Did you modify anything ?? It sounds to me like a bad ground or relay , but im not sure until i could check it out with a meter.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Kioller is an unknown quantity at this point

well, it started, when i was changing the turn singal light buld . which even in think is kinda odd. thats why its crazy, it really seemed to come outa nowhere, i dunno if i kicked something under the dash on accident, or like.... i really dont know, heh. thats why i posted, in case someone was like, ohh yeah i kicked this thing, and it did that.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

uptownspeedstar

Ill fix it for 60 bucks plus parts.