Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Converting a cable tranny to hydro tranny

Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2low93 has disabled reputation
Default Converting a cable tranny to hydro tranny

i have a cable ls tranny that i would like to put in my 94 civic coupe but that car is setup to hydro tranny is there any way i can convert it over...is there a conversion kit over if so someone please help asap lmk what i can do thanks!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
rock ya body baby

IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES
Default Re: Converting a cable tranny to hydro tranny

Just get a hydro trans....... why make shit harder on yourself?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

www.hasport.com has what you need.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HASPORT-B-SE...item2eb67d7097

$161 shipped
Old 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Yes there is a conversion kit, however its meant for cars with a clutch cable not a master cylinder. Those are the only ones I've seen at least.

Short answer. You need a hydro tranny
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Cable is better noob. Hydraulic clutch systems fail and require maintenance.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

They do make the kits, but you'll be needing the Hydro to cable trans mount conversion as well the conversion for the slave/clutch cable conversion.

Honestly, in the money you are going to need to spend anyway, buy a hydraulic transmission and sell the cable one you have. That'll be the best choice.

I just converted my DA to Hydro from Cable.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
Yes there is a conversion kit, however its meant for cars with a clutch cable not a master cylinder. Those are the only ones I've seen at least.

Short answer. You need a hydro tranny
Wrong. Look at the link I posted. Hasport makes a kit for BOTH ways.

Originally Posted by Dillweed
Cable is better noob. Hydraulic clutch systems fail and require maintenance.
Oh really? Is that why so many car manufactures use hydraulic systems? It requires little maintenance, whereas a cable must be adjusted every so often. Which is bad for people who have zero knowledge about the system.

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
They do make the kits, but you'll be needing the Hydro to cable trans mount conversion as well the conversion for the slave/clutch cable conversion.

Honestly, in the money you are going to need to spend anyway, buy a hydraulic transmission and sell the cable one you have. That'll be the best choice.

I just converted my DA to Hydro from Cable.
Like I posted. Hasport sells said kit. Hydraulic transmission is the better option. The OP just has to decide how much $ he has to spend.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by TRQLESS
www.hasport.com has what you need.
Don't make it easy for him damnit. I guess the search button is disabled.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 AM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation

^^^^what these guys said, i know they have everything out there to do the swap cause i was looking into doing it myself since a cable tranny can be picked up a little cheaper than a hydro tranny but by time you get everything you need for the conversion might as well just buy a hydro tranny. but you say you already got a cable tranny though so, buddy of mine runs one converted to work with a hydro. system on the track and says he would do it on a street car in a heartbeat.