Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Come on help me spend some money and build my new motor..........

Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Come on help me spend some money and build my new motor..........

Ok I just bought a spare motor for my car and it is time to build.This is my first time building a honda/turbo motor so I could use some much needed info and help.I got a b18c1 block and a p72 head ( a whole gsr motor.) Well I deff at least want to hit the 400whp mark so I want to have the internals to handle it. I already got skunk2 valve springs for the head and all of the OEM gaskets to rebuild it. Well for the block I really dont want to punch it out so I was thinking of keeping the stock 81mm bore and running je pistons and eagle rods.I know I have not said anything about my turbo kit that is because I want to build the motor to handle it first. And if anyone could just tell me if I am on the right track or not that would be great! Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

chucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Come on help me spend some money and build my new motor..........

make sure u micro polish and shotpeen everything to strengthen all your parts and u need titium valves
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by chucky22
make sure u micro polish and shotpeen everything to strengthen all your parts and u need titium valves
You talking about ti retainers? because if so I was told not to run them because the stock steel ones are better for a every day driver.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
99crx page

99crx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jebsurf
You talking about ti retainers? because if so I was told not to run them because the stock steel ones are better for a every day driver.
i think he is talkin about valves for higher revin
Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Ok I just bought a spare motor for my car and it is time to build.This is my first time building a honda/turbo motor so I could use some much needed info and help.I got a b18c1 block and a p72 head ( a whole gsr motor.) Well I deff at least want to hit the 400whp mark so I want to have the internals to handle it. I already got skunk2 valve springs for the head and all of the OEM gaskets to rebuild it. Well for the block I really dont want to punch it out so I was thinking of keeping the stock 81mm bore and running je pistons and eagle rods.I know I have not said anything about my turbo kit that is because I want to build the motor to handle it first. And if anyone could just tell me if I am on the right track or not that would be great! Thanks.
How is anyone going to know what you want your motor to be able to handle if you wont tell the rest of the equation? If you have the money why not sleeve it to at least 82mm? Eagle rods are good, but are you trying to budget? How much money do we have to spend here? Do you plan on using the GSR cams or are you going to look for some type r cams? Do you plan on using Hondata?AEM? I'll let you answer those questions first.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by split
How is anyone going to know what you want your motor to be able to handle if you wont tell the rest of the equation? If you have the money why not sleeve it to at least 82mm? Eagle rods are good, but are you trying to budget? How much money do we have to spend here? Do you plan on using the GSR cams or are you going to look for some type r cams? Do you plan on using Hondata?AEM? I'll let you answer those questions first.
Good point ^ hondarules sent me some good info that will be put to very good use. As for the money part I am not going to lie to you and say I want to(or have) 10k to put into a motor.As for MY budget I was thinking about 2k in rods,pistions,machine work.As for tuning I am going to get hondata. And as for the the sleeving I would love too but I kind of want to stay away from it because I have heard bad things about sleeves sinking and cooling problems and this is my daily driver and I dont know much about them.Seems like to me that sleeving would be great for a all out drag car but not so much on a daily driver. I did a search about sleeving on hondatech but there search engine sucks over there.

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 03-07-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

you only have $2000??if you only have $2000 to spend on building a GSR. You shoulda stayed D series coulda got 400whp all day for that price.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
you only have $2000??if you only have $2000 to spend on building a GSR. You shoulda stayed D series coulda got 400whp all day for that price.
he said would like to stay around 2 grand on the bottom end....
Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aah got ya...readin in a rush at work.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
LOL yea I just want to spend 2k on the bottom as stated. I think for 2k it can be strong

Quick Reply: Come on help me spend some money and build my new motor..........