Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Coilovers or Springs?

Old 02-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidewinder20 has disabled reputation
Default Coilovers or Springs?

Im getting a honda civic hatch and i want to lower it. Whats better for my money? im thinkin coilovers because i like the fact that i can change the hiegth. And what do i need to know when buying the to keep my ride as smooth as possible?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ
Default Re: Coilovers or Springs?

man thats a vague question but i guess if you want springs and a soft ride just get tein, if you want slipovers coilovers and a soft ride, i would suggest ground controls, you can get them in just about any spring rate you want, plus the springs are made by eibach. and as for full coilovers i onno for a soft ride maybe tein's but those are expensive. omnipower sports are good and cheap but some complain about them not being soft enough(i think there to soft but thats coming from the wrong person)
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

civic1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea jus get some nice coilovers like tein, ground control or skunk 2, that would make it ride pretty nice while still being able to adjust it, and if u wanted it pretty smooth, then u could go out and buy some new performance struts, like kyb's are some nice, adjustable and gas struts
Old 02-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

SPoolinspOON has disabled reputation

it will really depend on what your looking for. IMO koni yellows with H&R race springs have always been my choice for performance without the crucial price for a full coilover system. If you just want to lower your car with a decent smooth ride, go with the tein s-tech springs. or just spend some money if your going for something serious on a true full coilover system.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I actually have some H&R Race springs for sale if you are interested. They are brand new as well. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

a nice set of coilovers > springs

run the tein's with the edfc.