Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Code p0230 after Fuel pump install wrx

Old 03-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default Code p0230 after Fuel pump install wrx

2003 wrx mods: sti y pipe, sti axleback

Replaced the fuel pump with oe replacement from advanced auto on friday, on sunday the car shut off and CE light came on. It started up normally when I tried, luckily i was right next to advanced auto so they ran the light and told me it was p0230 for fuel pump primary circuit malfunction. So i opened everything back up to take a look but connections seemed fine. Today CE came back on, then disappeared when I restarted the car. I'm currently reading up on other impreza owners who have had this but most get this code after installing denso/walbro fuel pump. Can anyone (fabrik lol)give me any ideas on what to do? how to fix this?

thanks

Edit- the car did not shut off when this first happend, the gas peddal just died and did not respond as i pushed it down, so then i restarted the car and it was fine and CE came on

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 03-26-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:55 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Code p0230 after Fuel pump install wrx

Put the old one back in (if it's functional) to ensure it's not the replacement one causing the code.

also: read these
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910432
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1928721
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Put the old one back in (if it's functional) to ensure it's not the replacement one causing the code.

also: read these
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910432
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1928721
Thank you, i would also like to add that the oe replacement kit from Advanced had a much smaller filter, and also the wiring that goes into the pump did not fit into the sensor at the top, so i did not replace that and used the one that I already had on the old pump.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Its probably something having to do with the install or a difference in the current draw of the new pump. If there is inlet restriction it might be making the pump stall, but that would be pretty farfetched.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Not sure if factory WRX fuel pumps are audible from inside the car, but can you hear it kicking on. I once picked up a brand new OE replacement pump that was dead on arrival.

Try running power directly to the fuel pump to see if you can hear it working.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Its probably something having to do with the install or a difference in the current draw of the new pump. If there is inlet restriction it might be making the pump stall, but that would be pretty farfetched.
Well pump is oe replacement, and i double checked the install to make sure everything was on point.

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
Not sure if factory WRX fuel pumps are audible from inside the car, but can you hear it kicking on. I once picked up a brand new OE replacement pump that was dead on arrival.

Try running power directly to the fuel pump to see if you can hear it working.
Yes the fuel pump seems to work properly, well I filled up the tank yesterday and took it on a long drive, nothing since, keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Its hard to narrow down a inconsistent problem.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
Its hard to narrow down a inconsistent problem.
now when you know what you're talking about.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
now when you know what you're talking about.
I assume you mean "not".