Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch/Tranny Problem...need help!!

Old 02-01-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NismoRacer can only hope to improve
Default Clutch/Tranny Problem...need help!!

I installed a Spec stage 2 in my car when i did the swap about 10 months ago. The clutch has always chattered and been really rough to drive (for a stage 2) In the past 4-5 months its gotten to the point that it will not go into 1st or reverse unless i use a syncro from another gear, and sometimes that doesnt work either. Also sometimes it gets stuck in gear and will not come out unless i jerk it out of gear. Basically its not disengauging right. I replaced the slave and master cylendars and bled the system correctly. Ive got the tranny off the car at the moment and the clutch seams to be fine, the throwout bearing is not complely gone but needs to be replaced while i have the tranny off. I dont know whether this is a clutch problem or a problem with my transmission, both however are expensive to replace and I want to know exactly what is wrong before I spend a bunch of money. If anyone knows anything please let me know, I have had nothing but problems with this since the day i swapped my engine.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: Clutch/Tranny Problem...need help!!

sounds like your tranny synchros are shot. and the chattering sounds like your throwout bearing. Replace the throughout bearing, and as for your tranny, shit bro, buy a set of synchros and replace them. Its tough work, but you'll learn a lot about a transmission like that. I'm going to do the same soon. My third gear grinds going in, sometimes pops out.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:44 AM

NismoRacer can only hope to improve
Default Re: Clutch/Tranny Problem...need help!!

If it is infact the tranny I think ill just buy a KA tranny, the internals are identical to an SR tranny, it would be a lot easier and quicker to do that. And yea my throwout bearing is bad. I was just thinking that the chattering was coming from the clutch. thanks for the reply and good luck with yours