VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   clutch stuck on the floor (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/clutch-stuck-floor-133064/)

hey its me 03-25-2006 06:34 PM

clutch stuck on the floor

u need help i just replaced my clutch master cylinder and its all installed and all i have to do now is bleed it and ive beeen bleedin it for 2 hours and its still not workin. does anyone here knows what to do? my car is a nissan 240sx

DOHC crx VTEC 03-25-2006 06:51 PM

Re: clutch stuck on the floor

Clutch adjusted? or wait........dengit....its hydro..not familar with them..sorryt for wasting your time. and your Dragname....is simple btw.! Haha

Hatch Man(GsR) 03-25-2006 08:36 PM

Check your slave cylinder to make sure it is not leaking. Is the master cylinder you put on actually new? Or did you get it from the junk yard?

When you open the bleeder valve does fluid come out?
Top up the fluid, and keep pumpin the clutch until you get some kind of pressure...

hey its me 03-26-2006 01:49 AM

yup brand new from autozone well i looked underneath my car and theres no bleeding but when my brother was puming the clutch pedal the fork wasnt moving but same ting was happening earlier so i pumped it myself and then i ran out of fluid btw do i need to give the rod ad the clutch pedal alil bit longer so there some kind of push forward?

El Negro 03-26-2006 03:55 AM

Why did you replace your master cylinder?

He pressed on the clutch pedal but the fork didn't move? Dumb question, but did you make sure you reinstalled the cotter pin that connects the clutch pedal to the master cylinder?

MGBRaceman 03-26-2006 03:05 PM

I've bled the clutch system on the S13 chassis before, very time consuming. Remember that the best way to bleed these cars is a two man team. Remember to push the pedal with the bleed valve open, and then close the bleed valve before the pedal is released, or air will be pulled back into the system. Otherwise, you may need it pressure bled.

RoTarY13BT 03-27-2006 07:30 PM

is your slave cylinder installed correctly to the clutch fork..if not it will go to the floor every time

ScrewD03 03-29-2006 09:36 AM

On 240 I had the problem before also... On 240 they have this line under the vehicle some kind of recirculating box or some sort possibly air got stuck there...

Carter 03-29-2006 09:52 AM

do yourself a favor and get rid of that box. they have stainless lines that eliminate the recirc box. makes it 10 times easier to bleed the system.

I'm confused as to whether fluid is coming out of the clutch lines or not, and if you have properly bled the system.

GaRn 03-29-2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MGBRaceman
I've bled the clutch system on the S13 chassis before, very time consuming. Remember that the best way to bleed these cars is a two man team. Remember to push the pedal with the bleed valve open, and then close the bleed valve before the pedal is released, or air will be pulled back into the system. Otherwise, you may need it pressure bled.

bingo