Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch replacement

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 AM
last breath first

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup
Default Clutch replacement

I have an 89 four door ef with a d15b swapped on the original tranny and clutch (as far as I know of). However, the clutch is starting to loose its grip, less pressure, and overall its just going out. The car is my daily driver so no plans to go fast just reliable. Should I just replace the clutch with an OEM replacement or maybe move up to a performance clutch. Would I benefit from an aftermarket clutch as opposed to the stock one if the car is just serving its purpose?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Clutch replacement

If you just want reliability, go to Honda and buy an OEM replacement.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

Originally Posted by gdupfromfeetup
I have an 89 four door ef with a d15b swapped on the original tranny and clutch (as far as I know of). However, the clutch is starting to loose its grip, less pressure, and overall its just going out. The car is my daily driver so no plans to go fast just reliable. Should I just replace the clutch with an OEM replacement or maybe move up to a performance clutch. Would I benefit from an aftermarket clutch as opposed to the stock one if the car is just serving its purpose?
If the original lasted (if original) 22 years, why would you think of going to anything different?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
last breath first

gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup

yeah but I cant see the original lasting that long. I mean, I mess around with the car a little, but its not meant to be raced. I have some fun romping around on back roads occasionally.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Just get a stage one and call it a day. More grip than stock and it won't be much more to press down than stock.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
last breath first

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
Just get a stage one and call it a day. More grip than stock and it won't be much more to press down than stock.
Thats what I was thinking. I think this is what I'm gonna end up doing. I didnt think it would hurt to upgrade just a little and not go overboard with it. They are similar in price so if I just pay a few extra I will get a better buy.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Just go with oem, unless you can get a little bit better one for reasonable price over oem. But if you don't really plan on majorly upgrading it just go stock.