Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch Pedal Problem

Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch Pedal Problem

I've googled this and found a lot of results but no definite answers. I have a 91 240sx, and the other day when bleeding the clutch, the head of the bleed valve broke off of the slave cylinder as I was tightening it. I had a spare slave cylinder so I put the new one on. Now the clutch pedal is stuck to the floor and only comes back up if you pull it up with your foot. The master cylinder was dry, so I filled it and bled the system again from the damper box where all the lines meet and from the slave cylinder. The clutch pedal is still stuck to the floor, and I don't know if I should rebuild the slave cylinder since when the pedal is depressed the push rod doesn't move. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

EDIT: I've also read that it may be a broken component with the return spring on the clutch pedal assembly. Although I have adjusted the clutch pedal before, I'm not too familiar with how the spring should properly work.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 AM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8
Default Re: Clutch Pedal Problem

its air in the master

EDIT: honda's do it all the time
Old 08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

dujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond reputedujott has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clutch Pedal Problem

How do you get it out? I'm pretty positive there isn't a bleed valve on the master cylinder. I've topped the fluid off and bled the system many times.