Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch Issues

Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Reporting FS Threads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda
Default Clutch Issues

I just got done reading a post VERY similar to my own issues, but wanted to get a few opinions based on my problem.

I was exiting 264, shifted to neutral and continued down the off ramp. When arriving at the bottom it was very hard to go into gear. I turn the car off, and it shifts like butter, I put it in 2nd and limped it home.

Since being home, I replaced the slave, and no results. Figured it had to be the master, still no luck. I've bleed, bleed, and bleed the clutch. The clutch feels good, and normal. Prior to this issue I hadn't had any issues with shifting, or anything drivetrain related.

From what Ive been gather from other people, and reading, Im leaning towards the clutch / pressure plate. Its a Clutchmasters clutch and pressure plate, its a few years old but doesn't have more than 20k miles.

What else could it be? Or am I on the right track?

Thank you for your time and suggestions
-E.Honda
Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8
Default Re: Clutch Issues

adj. issues on the master linkage maybe

syncro issues

?????????????????
Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
13.5:1 Poor Mans R

Kana has disabled reputation

My guess would be the pressure plate broke. They have springs and retainers to keep the springs in place and they either just break off or the spring eat a groove into the retainers. The spring will either, wont have room to spin or plain just fall out. I just did my girls clutch the other day and she let someone drive it and they were beating the piss out of it and this was the end result. Good luck though.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 AM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

I would definitely go with busted clutch disk, and most likely a slipped spring. I've done about 10 clutches, and most recently, my buddy's GSR. He had an inexpensive stage 1 clutch, and beat on it a lot, then one day, I get off work, and the motherfucker is having it dropped in my driveway, says to me "hey man, I can't get it in gear, I'll shut it off, push it into gear, turn it on, and it'll limp along" Funny thing is, I told him exactly 28 days earlier that within a month, he'd be looking at a new clutch.

Anyways, I'd get ahold of another applicable clutch assembly, preferably a decent one, and have it on hand, then pull the transmission and look for anything odd that falls out. If you need help, depending on which part of the 757 you're located in, I will be willing to assist you. I've got access to lifts, engine hoists, and many many snap-on and matco tools
Good luck man