Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch??

Old 12-23-2003, 09:50 AM
BOXIN YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clutch??

I just got a used tranny put in my car along with a new pressure plate and throw out bearing...and a couple of things seem to not be working right....First of all.....I used to be able to chirp second gear very easily, now since I have this stuff, I cannot chirp second....annnnd also when I was racing last night I realized that when I shift into a gear, the rpm guage will go up and then stay at the same place as I am accelerating, then fall back down to the correct rpm.... so any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-23-2003, 09:52 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

sounds like your clutch is dead...why didnt you replace it when you replaced the trans?
Old 12-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

yup yup, sounds like its time for a new clutch
Old 12-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Banned

exownzu is an unknown quantity at this point

time for a new clutch, twin disk sounds good
Old 12-23-2003, 09:54 PM
BOXIN YOU

I just got a new clutch about 600 miles ago....when i got the tranny replaced, I had already just gotten a new entire clutch.....then the transmission place that did the work on my car said that my throw out bearing and pressure plate needed to be replaced...
Old 12-24-2003, 02:22 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

did you break it in properly or did you beat the shit out of a brand new clutch? and did you have the flywheel resurfaced?
Old 12-24-2003, 05:08 AM
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

I bet you money he didn't break it in, he just went high balling on it the same day he got it back..
Old 12-24-2003, 12:51 PM
BOXIN YOU

No, I gave it about 200 miles worth of breaking it in.....the guy at the honda dealership said i didnt have to break in my clutch....so I decided to wait about 200 miles before doing any kind of racing, and everything was fine until I got my car back after getting the flywheel resurfaced, and also throwout bearing and pressure plate....how long are u supposed to break in a clutch for?
Old 12-24-2003, 01:07 PM
f'n bat country son!

DaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the roughDaLuded is a jewel in the rough

Ive read anywhere between 500 and 700 miles. My car is down right now because we are throwing in my act clutch and 8lb flywheel and I plan on breaking it in for at least 500 miles before I start shifting hard again.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

slippage

Quick Reply: Clutch??