Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cluster install wiring Mayhem WTF!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAWESOME has disabled reputation
Default Cluster install wiring Mayhem WTF!

1992 Honda Accord 5-speed

My cluster when I bought the car had some gay indiglo things in the gauges. The needles for the fuel and temp gauges are broken and MIA, and the rpm gauge doesn't respond til you pass 2k. So I went out and I bought another cluster, turned out it was the same one but the wrong one lol...

Then I just drove out to Newport News and Met up with a guy who had a gauge from a 91 accord 5-speed. This morning the car started and rode fine all lights etc worked. With gauges unplugged and removed it did the same. But I plugged this guys gauge in and it went haywire!!
Check engine light was on, then i turned the headlights on and the blinker lights in dash turned on, then oil light went off, then the doors started blinking, then the seatbelt light came on... I freaked out and cut of the car and when I went to start it back up the car wouldn't start. somewhere in the haywire process, the fuse for the starter popped. WTF? I'm thinking... It worked fine with original cluster, worked fine when I had no cluster... Why now when I plug this guys in does it go haywire fuckin banjo kazooi mode? He said he jusyt pulled it out his car and it was working fine.

SOME ONE TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON

With out talkin shit lol please
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Cluster install wiring Mayhem WTF!

I'm not really familiar with Accords, so keep that in mind. Did they change the clusters between 91 and 92 such that the connector pinout is different but the connectors are the same?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I'm not really familiar with Accords, so keep that in mind. Did they change the clusters between 91 and 92 such that the connector pinout is different but the connectors are the same?
That's What I'm thinking but No one has confirmed that. I know the tail lights and little things are different but this has got me head over heals. I'm a mess with some wiring and straigten some things out and try the cluster again. or i might just get the diagram for the clusters and re pin the connectors.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Anyone have the pinout diagrams for years 91 to 92 so I can repin this 91 cluster to fit my 92?
Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

use the backing off the old cluster on your new one.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Captain JDM
use the backing off the old cluster on your new one.
I did and it works fine, I gutted the gauges out the new one and put them on the mother board of the old one. They work fine but now that i have a tempgauge my temp thing is reading max hott! made another thread check it out.