Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic wont start (no fuel)

Old 02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
llatidamn has disabled reputation
Default civic wont start (no fuel)

Car: 95 civic w/ built gsr swap less than 5k on motor

Problem: Car wanted to overheat while sitting in traffic. Checked fan and it was on, and with less than 5000 miles im sure the water pump is still good. Changed thermostat and filled and burped system. Car ran fine sitting in driveway for 20 minutes or so with no overheating. I later went out to the car to start it and it starts and immediately dies. I give it gas and it starts again and stays running while i nurse the gas pedal. When I let off the gas it dies again. I try to start it again and it will not start. When turning key to ignition position the main relay clicks constantly and the check engine light is dimly lit and flickering to the sound of the main relay and the fuel pump will not cut on. I tested the main relay and it works fine outside the car. The light on the hondata is on as well but blinks slowly. I also checked all plugs and connectors underhood and all appear good. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

swtch7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: civic wont start (no fuel)

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1145193

Last edited by swtch7; 02-10-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:54 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by llatidamn
Car: 95 civic w/ built gsr swap less than 5k on motor

Problem: Car wanted to overheat while sitting in traffic. Checked fan and it was on, and with less than 5000 miles im sure the water pump is still good. Changed thermostat and filled and burped system. Car ran fine sitting in driveway for 20 minutes or so with no overheating. I later went out to the car to start it and it starts and immediately dies. I give it gas and it starts again and stays running while i nurse the gas pedal. When I let off the gas it dies again. I try to start it again and it will not start. When turning key to ignition position the main relay clicks constantly and the check engine light is dimly lit and flickering to the sound of the main relay and the fuel pump will not cut on. I tested the main relay and it works fine outside the car. The light on the hondata is on as well but blinks slowly. I also checked all plugs and connectors underhood and all appear good. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
Sounds like it could be the ground on the thermostat
Old 02-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Patron

I checked that. Its good and tight and theres no corrossion. The fuel pump and injectors are not getting power. The main relay is clicking when it is in the car but outside of the car it tests fine. I had an ecu go bad before that caused the same problem so I swapped ecus and its still a no go. Thanks for the response though.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Patron

well i know i said i checked it and that there was no corrossion and it was good and tight but that was what the problem was. i ended up running a ground from where the thermostat was directly to the battery and it started fine.

Originally Posted by llatidamn
I checked that. Its good and tight and theres no corrossion. The fuel pump and injectors are not getting power. The main relay is clicking when it is in the car but outside of the car it tests fine. I had an ecu go bad before that caused the same problem so I swapped ecus and its still a no go. Thanks for the response though.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

ericbrox has disabled reputation

you over heated it do a leak down test
Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered member

jdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these parts

it soundslike a power supply issue.check all the connections
Old 10-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

If you over heated it, might be a head gasket or warped head. Honda's (or anything with an aluminum head) are bad about that. Do a block test.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ericbrox
you over heated it do a leak down test
This is a four year old thread. Check the date before posting.