Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic trannys slipping third gear

Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad
Default Civic trannys slipping third gear

whats up
my question today is concering my 96 civic/auto trans. it had been sitting for a couple months and i decided to bring it back from the dead a couple days ago. Its so far running fine although as soon as you hit 3rd gear, its almost as if it slips, and then either catches back on or skips to 4th. Its only in this gear though. I did a little research and some are saying to check two things, trans fluid and "filter screens" which im planning to do both this weekend. I really dont know if this is the solution, these were just recomendations.

My reason for post is just for a second opinion, or anyone whose experienced this issue, and if so, how big of a threat this to the reliability of the transmission or car, as i plan to use this as my daily starting next week.
Motor and trans are both orginal btw.
any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:22 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Civic trannys slipping third gear

one of the solenoids on the case are sticking...try to get some used ones and replace or take them out and clean them