Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic Starting Problems

Old 10-26-2005, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beanslimm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civic Starting Problems

Hello. One of my friends is having a problem with his car. He has a 94 EX. Last night when we was at a friends house, he tried to start his car when we was leaving and it wouldn't start. It is turning over but not getting any spark. Earlier today we was working on it and discovered that the fuel pump wasn't making any noise when the key was turned on. So we replaced the fuel pump hoping that would be the problem, but still no luck. Now we can hear the pump, but still the same problem. We pulled off the cap and checked the wires and everything looks good. I did a search on this site and also Clubcivic for more information and only came up with the ignition coil might be bad. Is that common for this model? Anybody else run into a problem like this? If someone could take a look at it for a few mintues and help us out, it would mean the world to us. The car is right off Birdneck right now at a friend's apartment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Anthony
Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Civic Starting Problems

Originally Posted by beanslimm
Hello. One of my friends is having a problem with his car. He has a 94 EX. Last night when we was at a friends house, he tried to start his car when we was leaving and it wouldn't start. It is turning over but not getting any spark. Earlier today we was working on it and discovered that the fuel pump wasn't making any noise when the key was turned on. So we replaced the fuel pump hoping that would be the problem, but still no luck. Now we can hear the pump, but still the same problem. We pulled off the cap and checked the wires and everything looks good. I did a search on this site and also Clubcivic for more information and only came up with the ignition coil might be bad. Is that common for this model? Anybody else run into a problem like this? If someone could take a look at it for a few mintues and help us out, it would mean the world to us. The car is right off Birdneck right now at a friend's apartment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Anthony
More then likely it IS the coil....if it wants to turn over but isn't getting any spark possibly coil....if im not correct ne1 lemme know..but i think the coil actually helps control/direct the sparks...kinda like a fuse if its blown it wont operate what is linked to it? Same thing happend with my sisters 89 gmc jimmy 4.3l v6
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 PM
import mechanic

sucio7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Civic Starting Problems

Originally Posted by beanslimm
main relay give me a call i have one 2880191