Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic overheating

Old 05-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default civic overheating

Hey, I just put my engine back in did everything it runs. Then I was driving it, and I noticed the temp. gauge going up pretty high. So I let it cool down and it did the same thing a few times. So i was wondering how do i get it to stop doing that. I put the 4L bottle of coolant in, and mixed it with water. Never really filled up coolant before should I need more? Let me know guys.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun
Default Re: civic overheating

fill it till its.............................. full!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

So would it be full when it starts to go to the overflow container?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Most overflow containers have a full cold and full hot marking, I usually go somewhere in between, depending on engine temperature. After full, run the engine, fluid may drain into the system (burping) continue to fill until engine is beginning to come up to temperature. Drive the car and check the fluid at the end of the day, re ffill as needed. Plus radiator and overflow resivoir may need to be filled independently.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Hey, i noticed something on floor, on the driverside. Looks to be coolant, now it's a little more then a few drops, but i'm just wondering how it got there. Helps is well appreciated as i am trying to sell this car asap.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by hondazccivic
Hey, i noticed something on floor, on the driverside. Looks to be coolant, now it's a little more then a few drops, but i'm just wondering how it got there. Helps is well appreciated as i am trying to sell this car asap.
Your heater core is busted. That's what the blower uses to create "heat" in your car...it's like a mini-radiator uner your dash. I still haven't replaced mine yet in my IROC...because it's a REAL PITA on a Chevy...don't know about the Honda.

You can bypass it temporarily since it's summertime by pulling the two coolant hoses going into your firewall on the passenger side and connecting them together. Be sure to clamp the piss out of them or they will continue to leak coolant.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Hey, thanks a lot. I was looking at the two coolant lines and one of them i just remembered has a damaged connector (the metal passage way on the firewall) is all bent up. So i guess all i gotta do is find a connector to connect both of those lines.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont have something to connect the lines a spare deepwell socket makes a handy temp fix for that
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by AL-David
if you dont have something to connect the lines a spare deepwell socket makes a handy temp fix for that
That's a dandy idea, I never thought of that...though I can't understand how you'd make the hoses clamp to a slick socket.

I paid a whopping $4 at the Advance Auto for the parts I used to bypass the heater core. But if the connector is damaged like you say, then the chances are it's just the connector, not the core itself.