Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic heater problem-doesn't blow hot air

Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Derp Status

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow
Default Civic heater problem-doesn't blow hot air

I have a 99 Honda civic lx. On sat night I was out in arundel mills,md and on my way back home it was chilly so I put on my heater because I was with someone and they were cold so I put on my heater and cool air was coming out but I thought it was just becas the car is warming up again but I realized that it wasn't blowing hot air out at all. It was a cold ride home. I have no idea why this is happening. Need some ideas on where to start so I could have so heat.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway
Default Re: Civic heater problem-doesn't blow hot air

Did you charge your VTEC?

Sometimes you just need to take out the heater core and flush it. I did that to my car and it was substantially better.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
notched

Colt45 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Civic heater problem-doesn't blow hot air

did you check to make sure there is enough coolant, or did you bleed any air out of the cooling system? check to see if the 2 hoses going into the firewall are warm/hot if they are then may be a problem with a stuck blend door or broken cable to the door that allows the warm coolant into the heater core. I had a similar problem on my 93 civic, so things may be different on your 99 civic.